Search

CX F and J Down cabin visits

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2018, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
CX F and J Down cabin visits

HI all,

I am flying next month with my wife and 20 month old. Currently my wife is booked in F and I am booked in J, in the first row right behind F. I am hoping Cathay releases another seat so I can move up, but in the event I can't, here's my question.

As an F passenger, and if my daughter is booked as part of her ticket, my wife can bring my daughter to me as a down cabin visit? I cannot do the same thing vice versa? I assume so but thought I would check if you anyone has had this experience.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by yang1900
As an F passenger, and if my daughter is booked as part of her ticket, my wife can bring my daughter to me as a down cabin visit? I cannot do the same thing vice versa? I assume so but thought I would check if you anyone has had this experience.
Yes, as a general rule, people can visit down cabin, but not up.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 8:35 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
I think if your daughter is booked as part of her ticket, she will need to pay 10% of a full fare F ticket, vs 10% of a full fare J ticket if booked with your ticket.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 8:39 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Deleted. My situation was different than OP's.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 9:50 am

Programs: CX DM / SQ PPS / VN Platinum
Originally Posted by sxc
I think if your daughter is booked as part of her ticket, she will need to pay 10% of a full fare F ticket, vs 10% of a full fare J ticket if booked with your ticket.
Correct, but you won't be able to have the infant in F unless you buy the infant F fare.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 12:51 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Oh yes, I remember earlier this year. Not sure how prevalent it is, but the crew were insisting the kid had to sit in J. The family was pissed but the crew didn't budge. Family had one F seat and multiple J seats.

Lesson was infant must be paid for in the cabin you want them to visit. Aka you can't do the infant fare in J but sit the kid in F.

Again I'm not sure how common this is.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 1:01 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by QRC3288
Oh yes, I remember earlier this year. Not sure how prevalent it is, but the crew were insisting the kid had to sit in J. The family was pissed but the crew didn't budge. Family had one F seat and multiple J seats.

Lesson was infant must be paid for in the cabin you want them to visit. Aka you can't do the infant fare in J but sit the kid in F.

But the OP said infant fared in F and asked about down visit to J!
Old Oct 17, 2018, 6:40 pm

Programs: CX DM / SQ PPS / VN Platinum
Originally Posted by QRC3288

That's totally fair. Infant fares between J and F are quite different..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.