Search

Ice Hockey Equipment

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2018, 8:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: MPO, Aeroplan, SPG
Ice Hockey Equipment

Hello,
I am trying to find more information for cathay's sporting equipment allowance. I am wondering for those who have traveled with ice hockey equipment into and from Canada, is a stick in a hockey stick bag and the separate hockey gear bag considered one baggage or two? Some airlines consider it was 1 whole baggage (1stick bag + gear bag) and some consider it as two separate. If anyone has any experience, could you please let me know? Thanks
Old Oct 8, 2018, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
My experience as MPC GO at YYZ and HKG is a bundle of four sticks taped together was considered one piece of luggage. Your main equipment bags is another piece.
I now have a long bag similar to a ski bag that I take my stick and fill it with other life's necessities custom made in SZ.

I am not sure about a single stick.

Da Dum Dum De
Da Da Da Dum Dum De
-National Anthem-
kaka likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 12:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: MPO, Aeroplan, SPG
Originally Posted by tentseller
My experience as MPC GO at YYZ and HKG is a bundle of four sticks taped together was considered one piece of luggage. Your main equipment bags is another piece.
I now have a long bag similar to a ski bag that I take my stick and fill it with other life's necessities custom made in SZ.

I am not sure about a single stick.

Da Dum Dum De
Da Da Da Dum Dum De
-National Anthem-
Are they very picky with the length of your custom stick bag? Assuming you use a senior stick, that should be beyond 158cm plus the extra bag part itself which exceeds the length dimensions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.