CX should be happy

Old Sep 23, 2018, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB , BA Gold
CX should be happy

Hong Kong Airline clearly has financing problem for its new planes. Not a surprise given HNA state, but good news for CX.

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...lenging-cathay
Old Sep 23, 2018, 7:26 am

Programs: MPC-DM, Enrich-Plat
Originally Posted by brunos
Hong Kong Airline clearly has financing problem for its new planes. Not a surprise given HNA state, but good news for CX.

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...lenging-cathay
Maybe, this is an indication that CX, despite all the critics, is not doing things that bad at all........
Old Sep 23, 2018, 8:10 am

Which is kinda sad though, HX service and quality is not bad honestly - though they really lack a good alliance/ffp to encourage more business.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 10:32 pm

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
Good news for CX... but terrible news for us passengers and consumers...
percysmith, brunos and royng like this.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 9:09 am

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by tfung
Good news for CX... but terrible news for us passengers and consumers...
Yes, I like competition.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by cxfan1960
Yes, I like competition.
Like competition from the subsidized ME3 and Mainland Chinese airlines? They're the reason CX has gone downhill. I support fair competition, but that's unfortunately not what we're seeing in this day and age.

I support competition from Eva, Singapore, and Qantas, but not HK Airlines and HK Express. Feel free to correct me if I said anything wrong, I've not been very up to date recently.
kaka, sscywong, CX HK and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 9:43 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by AviationAddict
Which is kinda sad though, HX service and quality is not bad honestly - though they really lack a good alliance/ffp to encourage more business.
its hardly surprising tbh. hna the mother company is a shady business that is in financial and political troubles.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 9:44 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by cx4ever
Like competition from the subsidized ME3 and Mainland Chinese airlines? They're the reason CX has gone downhill. I support fair competition, but that's unfortunately not what we're seeing in this day and age.

I support competition from Eva, Singapore, and Qantas, but not HK Airlines and HK Express. Feel free to correct me if I said anything wrong, I've not been very up to date recently.
how about jal the last few years😂😂
Old Sep 25, 2018, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB , BA Gold

I always have fun when I read these comments about subsidized airlines. But let's not start again.
Apparently you miss that HK airlines and HKExpress are quite different airlines. The latter one is a true LCC.
HK airline offesr very good value in business. Long flights with full flat bed, lovely lounge at HKIA, priority at security. And given CX food/wine offering in J, not much of a downgrade on HX.
A real competitor for CX.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 1:15 am

Originally Posted by brunos
I always have fun when I read these comments about subsidized airlines. But let's not start again.
Apparently you miss that HK airlines and HKExpress are quite different airlines. The latter one is a true LCC.
HK airline offesr very good value in business. Long flights with full flat bed, lovely lounge at HKIA, priority at security. And given CX food/wine offering in J, not much of a downgrade on HX.
A real competitor for CX.
Both Hk airlines and hk express are subsidized, like CN3, HNA and ME3.
kaka likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 2:33 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by Aus106080
Both Hk airlines and hk express are subsidized, like CN3, HNA and ME3.
I don't understand why no one points out CX/KA's subsidisation by the HKSAR, namely in the form of the Third Runway.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 3:34 am

Originally Posted by percysmith

I don't understand why no one points out CX/KA's subsidisation by the HKSAR, namely in the form of the Third Runway.

lol.... someone must have failed economics....
Old Sep 25, 2018, 3:56 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by Kachjc
lol.... someone must have failed economics....
Yes indeed. I passed
Old Sep 25, 2018, 8:01 pm

I agree. Especially given the unknown fate of its parent company HNA. HNA just sold a large amount of shares to some shell company registered in a tax haven... it's hard to believe an airline can grow healthily and safely when the parent company is so unstable.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 8:05 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by CX HK
I agree. Especially given the unknown fate of its parent company HNA. HNA just sold a large amount of shares to some shell company registered in a tax haven... it's hard to believe an airline can grow healthily and safely when the parent company is so unstable.
subsidies is one thing
the non-conformance to rules and safety and labour rights is the other.
look at the salary bill of cx and then those conpanies.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.