Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Adding Known Traveler Number to AA Award Redemption on CX

Old Sep 20, 2018, 9:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EXP,EX-CK 2.5mm, now lifetime Platinum, ex-UA1K, Marriott- Platinum, Hertz 5*

Hello-
I would like to add my Known Traveler Number (KTN) for an upcoming award redemption (via AA miles) to my CX record, but passport details etc are locked without ticket number and the only ticket number I have is the AA one (001...)

Can I only add this during online checkin? Or any other way?

Thanks!
Old Sep 21, 2018, 4:54 am

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by goldengate
Hello-
I would like to add my Known Traveler Number (KTN) for an upcoming award redemption (via AA miles) to my CX record, but passport details etc are locked without ticket number and the only ticket number I have is the AA one (001...)

Can I only add this during online checkin? Or any other way?

Thanks!
Call AA to get the record locator number; use that number to log on CX website to make changes.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 8:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: EXP,EX-CK 2.5mm, now lifetime Platinum, ex-UA1K, Marriott- Platinum, Hertz 5*
I already have the AA record locator and can do everything except add the KTN... when I try to go to the passport / docs section of Manage My Booking in my booking, it asks for a ticket number as an extra measure of safety and it won't accept the AA ticket number which starts in 001. When I called Cathay they were not able to give me the Cathay ticket number to unlock that part of the record.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 9:03 am

I already have the AA record locator and can do everything except add the KTN... when I try to go to the passport / docs section of Manage My Booking in my booking, it asks for a ticket number as an extra measure of safety and it won't accept the AA ticket number which starts in 001. When I called Cathay they were not able to give me the Cathay ticket number to unlock that part of the record.
The ticket number lock is there but usually will be auto skipped when logged in (Note that I do have a registered account with CX, not using the generic manage my booking).
I'll do it at airport so they could print the Precheck BP for you then.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 3:26 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat; WoH Exp; AS Gold; AA Plat
You can add your KTN on the CX website for AA award redemption tickets - I just did mine for an upcoming trip later this year. CX is testing out a new version of their 'Manage Booking' interface, which allows you to use an AA (001) or AS (027) e-ticket number in lieu of the CX booking reference. This new interface allows one to edit passenger contact info, travel documents, FFP#, KTN, etc.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by andersonCooper
Call AA to get the record locator number; use that number to log on CX website to make changes.
Actually - it should be call CX for its locator.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 3:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The ticket number will be on your e-ticket receipt.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by garykung
Actually - it should be call CX for its locator.
lol..been doing this multiple times. AA ticketed but due to CX/AA system differences you will need to call AA first to get the CX RL.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 6:07 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
Is ktn same as redress number?
Old Sep 21, 2018, 9:51 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by happyvoid
Is ktn same as redress number?
No.
KTN is NEXUS/Global Entry/SENTRI (might just be for vehicles that last one) for known travelers. For TSA Pre-check as well.
Redress is if you are John Jones and they have a John Jones with the same DOB (or other secret identifying factors) as a no-goodnik on "the list". You put that redress number down so they know you are a "goodnik".
Don't tell the other John Jones the number, mind you. NB: Usually the names are not like John or Jones.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 10:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by arfaczar
You can add your KTN on the CX website for AA award redemption tickets - I just did mine for an upcoming trip later this year. CX is testing out a new version of their 'Manage Booking' interface, which allows you to use an AA (001) or AS (027) e-ticket number in lieu of the CX booking reference. This new interface allows one to edit passenger contact info, travel documents, FFP#, KTN, etc.

The new manage my booking screen did not allow me to use my AA ticket number (001...) but when I called the US service center for CX today, they said American had passed through my KTN when I made the booking.... great!
Old Sep 28, 2018, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I tried the AS 027 eticket number and the CX site would not accept it.

AS has our KTNs in our AS profile. The only thing I am not sure is, we will travel on HKSAR passports, and the KTNs are from US passports. Would the KTNs still work? I cannot remember whether we got the BPs with TSA precheck last year.
This time it is the 10am CX841 JFK-HKG. So we would need to show up right at 8am - wonder how busy T8 security is.

EDIT
There actually is a site to check that.
https://www.ifly.com/john-f-kennedy-...ort/wait-times
Yellow, means 11-20min.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by ricktoronto
NB: Usually the names are not like John or Jones.
Yes, more likely to be something like Richard Reid or David Headley. What's your point?
Old Sep 28, 2018, 3:37 pm

The new manage my booking screen did not allow me to use my AA ticket number (001...) but when I called the US service center for CX today, they said American had passed through my KTN when I made the booking.... great!
AA passes along the KTN when booking EY and QR, so I am sure they do it for all partners. The problem is it's difficult to check whether they have done so, because it is not displayed with your reservation.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
AA passes along the KTN when booking EY and QR, so I am sure they do it for all partners. The problem is it's difficult to check whether they have done so, because it is not displayed with your reservation.
Does AS do the same?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.