Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

HKT stops being an AM partner from Nov 18

Old Sep 12, 2018, 11:00 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold

Originally Posted by hkt
Thank you for your continued support of the ‘Clubpoints Conversion to Asia Miles’ service. We would like to notify you that this service will no longer be available from 1 November 2018.
oh well, this is one of the better ways to handle the non finacial partnrr part of many am promos...
Old Oct 30, 2018, 6:03 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Last day
Old Oct 31, 2018, 2:01 am
Original Member

Programs: CX DM, JGC Sapphire, FWC Gold
HKT is aggressively promoting its own loyalty program "The Club". It is always better to print your own money and create your own business eco system.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 2:39 am

Programs: CX MPC DM, HU FWC Gold
Originally Posted by Chatter
HKT is aggressively promoting its own loyalty program "The Club". It is always better to print your own money and create your own business eco system.
HKT is aggressive. The club has a travel agent license now. According source from my friend (related to HKT), they're trying to promote Tap & Go (Debit card service) and make club points( points of the loyalty program) another AM.
The thing is, HKT is getting alone with different airline not just CX who is closely related to HKG, joining their team and sell air ticket inside the club.

They're now combining Credit card points, miles, and point card together as "the club"
Old Oct 31, 2018, 3:30 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
But the whole point of FFPs is airlines will release seats to own/partner FFP for that it won't sell for cash for fear of cannibalisation. Non-airline loyalty programs (The Club, DBS iGo, Citi TYP and its ilk) don't have privileged access to seat inventory.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 9:15 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by percysmith
But the whole point of FFPs is airlines will release seats to own/partner FFP for that it won't sell for cash for fear of cannibalisation. Non-airline loyalty programs (The Club, DBS iGo, Citi TYP and its ilk) don't have privileged access to seat inventory.
they sell tickets at a discount thru club points. more like using their loyalty program to subsidize for tickets. think as diners club or amex travel.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 4:36 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Asia Miles Air China
I have been a member of 'The Club' for a long time. As it stands I have found it to be a useless programme except for transfer to Asia Miles.

Also they keep sending me stupid emails.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 8:10 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Nicc HK
I have been a member of 'The Club' for a long time. As it stands I have found it to be a useless programme except for transfer to Asia Miles.

Also they keep sending me stupid emails.
u get free data with those points or 1300HKD tickets to singapore on SQ that get you miles.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.