Search

KIX re-route (typhoon)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2018, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC; JMB
KIX re-route (typhoon)

Hi,

I am traveling LGW - HKG - KIX, leaving this Sunday and arriving Monday.

Due to the typhoon, KIX is closed and my second second leg cancelled.

They have offeree to re-route me to NGO, NRT or HND. However, they said they will not cover my onward travel to Osaka.

Could i I ask for some advice? Is this reasonable, or should they pay for my onward train journey?

Thanks
Old Sep 5, 2018, 10:41 am

Programs: MPC-DM, Enrich-Plat
Originally Posted by fp7100
Hi,

I am traveling LGW - HKG - KIX, leaving this Sunday and arriving Monday.

Due to the typhoon, KIX is closed and my second second leg cancelled.

They have offeree to re-route me to NGO, NRT or HND. However, they said they will not cover my onward travel to Osaka.

Could i I ask for some advice? Is this reasonable, or should they pay for my onward train journey?

Thanks
Assuming you fly CX, would you blame CX, the KIX airport got flooded & disabled by the strongest typhoon in 25 years ?

Your travel insurance might be an option, if it does cover these items.

Don't forget to book your train ticket on time, otherwise, that might become your real delay.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 10:53 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Provided they've offered you a refund as an alternative to the reroute then I'd see it as reasonable not to pay for your onward expenses.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 11:00 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
No, this is what they're offering everybody (I also heard of someone being rerouted via OKA, but he's got to figure out how to get across to there).

CX (and UO) is increasing frequencies to NGO and NRT, probably using their planes originally tasked for KIX (and not stranded there)
http://news.now.com/home/local/playe...06&refer=share. Kudos to both for securing additional emergency landing slots.

CX not required to pay for your non-aviation travel costs when they are not at fault (God is, if you excuse the potential blasphemy for blaming God for an Act Of God)
You're ex-LGW and UK has not Brexited yet, but dont think EC261 changes this conclusion

Last edited by percysmith; Sep 5, 2018 at 11:05 pm
Old Sep 6, 2018, 4:29 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, CX Green
What about asking them to try to reroute you through to ITM, the domestic airport in Osaka that is not closed? JAL has an hourly shuttle HND-ITM and this way they can put everything on a ticket (not having to reimburse you anything)
Old Sep 6, 2018, 5:08 am

Originally Posted by shd9
JAL has an hourly shuttle HND-ITM and this way they can put everything on a ticket (not having to reimburse you anything)
Remember CX has no obligations under CoC or EC261 for weather.

You want CX to buy a revenue ticket from JL? Dream on.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 5:39 am

Originally Posted by percysmith
Remember CX has no obligations under CoC or EC261 for weather.

You want CX to buy a revenue ticket from JL? Dream on.
It doesn’t hurt to ask. Although CX has no obligations to do so, their CoC does suggest that in those conditions CX will try to reroute the pax to his/her final destination using CX or flights on other carriers. The pax is ticketed to OSA, so it wouldn’t be unreasonable to ask CX to reroute him via JL to ITM. The price of a flight from HND to ITM is not expensive to begin with (~100USD with JEP), and the rate CX pays to JL might be even lower.

CX had rerouted me CTU-FRA direct on CA on a typhoon day when I had CTU-HKG-FRA. So it is definitely possible.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 8:17 am

The price of a flight from HND to ITM is not expensive to begin with (~100USD with JEP), and the rate CX pays to JL might be even lower.
Really

Old Sep 6, 2018, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
I understand that KIX is still closed. And the damages will delay a full reopening to international flights. CX has cancelled its flights for the next four days.
And CTS is also closed due to earthquake.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by percysmith

Really

JAL has a special promotion for travelers not residing in Japan called the Japan Explorers’ Pass (JEP). The flights are 10600JPY per sector when booked 3 days in advance and it books into fare G. JAL also has a Oneworld explorers’ pass which can only be booked over the phone if the international flight is on a Oneworld carrier and it books into Y.

Let’s don’t digress here. I am just trying to illustrate the flight might not expensive for CX to book.
royng likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 11:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
where does the availability come from. i was at shiretoko when earthquick hit whilst sorting out my kixhkg ticket. lucky my ctskix (avios) was quickly rerouted to kuh hnd hij (hij being the furthest alternative they offer)
cx rerouted me okahkg 1 day later at the same fare bucket (if award then award), but ill hv to find my way to oka; luckily i found a 10k yen fuk-oka but ill still hv to make my way from hij to fuk.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 7:37 am

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
Originally Posted by kaka
where does the availability come from. i was at shiretoko when earthquick hit whilst sorting out my kixhkg ticket. lucky my ctskix (avios) was quickly rerouted to kuh hnd hij (hij being the furthest alternative they offer)
cx rerouted me okahkg 1 day later at the same fare bucket (if award then award), but ill hv to find my way to oka; luckily i found a 10k yen fuk-oka but ill still hv to make my way from hij to fuk.
sounds like sh** show u endured
Old Sep 7, 2018, 9:20 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by fakecd
sounds like sh** show u endured
well the good side of things i didnt actually endure the tstorm nor the earthquake aftermath, just the flight ticket rerouting. cp kuh and hilton osaka was also v good in dealing w the prepaid rates.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by kaka
Your shift key not working?
Old Sep 8, 2018, 1:17 am
Suspended

What about asking them to try to reroute you through to ITM, the domestic airport in Osaka that is not closed? JAL has an hourly shuttle HND-ITM and this way they can put everything on a ticket (not having to reimburse you anything)
jal allowed rerouting to anywhere between shizuoka and hiroshima if u had a ticket from/to kix. via tyo if necessary

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.