Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Upgrading from premium economy award seat

Old Sep 22, 2018, 6:51 am
Original Poster

Hi, novice here. I'm hoping to take a flight on a popular route in business class. It seems Asia Miles only releases seats in J a few days before the flight. If I book an award seat via Asia Miles points in premium economy can I then waitlist to upgrade via points to a business class seat? Or can you only upgrade from a paid premium economy seat?
I'm trying to avoid having premium economy also fill up and being left with only economy. Does this strategy make sense or are there other reasons why you recommend not doing this?
The route is JFK-JNB
Old Sep 22, 2018, 7:30 am

Only paid premium economy ticket(W,R)
Old Sep 22, 2018, 7:32 am

Or you can reissue your award ticket to J class Award ticket, which result USD$100 or 10K Asia miles, plus additional require mileage
Old Sep 22, 2018, 8:03 am
Original Poster

thanks for the replies. about a month ago asia miles used to have some availability far out in J but it seems they got rid of all of that and are now only releasing T-3/4. Any sense of if they changed their strategy on releasing J seats?
Old Sep 22, 2018, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by akayyva
thanks for the replies. about a month ago asia miles used to have some availability far out in J but it seems they got rid of all of that and are now only releasing T-3/4. Any sense of if they changed their strategy on releasing J seats?
my last flight is JFK to HKG on August 31, and my original award ticket date is September 2, The flight that I wanted, CX released the seat on August 17, so 2 weeks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.