Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Does CX provide Fast track coupon to J passengers at BKK?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does CX provide Fast track coupon to J passengers at BKK?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2018, 9:34 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
When OWE and flying in Y, sometimes the fast track coupon is not automatically offered (sometimes the ground or cabin crew may have forgotten) - usually a polite request will get you that.
Because CX has said that it's a benefit for J and F passengers and not all elites in OW or even Marco Polo. If you got one count your blessings. I have seen the CSM deny these to PE and coach on more than one occasion.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 12:14 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by randomeejit
Yup. As a diamond when I fly to BKK in Y sometimes I have to politely remind the ISM. I finally got Thailand on my APEC Card though so dont really need this anymore!
Originally Posted by ricktoronto
Because CX has said that it's a benefit for J and F passengers and not all elites in OW or even Marco Polo. If you got one count your blessings. I have seen the CSM deny these to PE and coach on more than one occasion.
That's pretty much how QR handle things, if you have status but your down the back you often have to ask but is usually then given without issue.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 10:21 am
Original Poster

On the return leg CX also gave us Fast Track passes. Are these the same as the one used for entering BKK (did not pay attention)!
Thank you.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 9:28 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
The passes are the same (e.g. they look the same for entry/exit). You can use it to enter and they give you one if you are in J or F so you can use the small fast exit facility at the end of the corridor where the CX counter is.

On my last trip to BKK they forgot the passes and the gate agent met the flight with a stack for J only. I have been on two flights where elites of varying airlines including CX have asked for the passes and got none, with the manager saying they are only for J and they only had enough for the J passengers.

It can't hurt to ask but it's a J/F benefit not a OW/MP elite benefit. I suspect CX pays for them and has little interest in doing that for say AA EXP passengers in coach.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 8:25 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, CX MPO DM
Flew in Y as a DM from SIN-BKK. FP politely explained that the BKK authorities now check that the user has a J boarding pass and may turn non-J away. Something along the line of "it's better not to get one in case if you end up being turned away anyway" .
Old Sep 22, 2018, 9:45 am

Programs: Aeroplan
In my experience, the more consistently useful fast track at BKK is for departures.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 8:35 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, CX MPO DM
True enough... flying BKK-HKG in Y as DM. Fast track pass was proactively given at check-in and it worked at the checkpoint.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 9:19 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by landingpoint
Flew in Y as a DM from SIN-BKK. FP politely explained that the BKK authorities now check that the user has a J boarding pass and may turn non-J away. Something along the line of "it's better not to get one in case if you end up being turned away anyway" .
That smells bad. Unless something has changed very recently they are not business class immigration lanes, they are priority immigration lanes. The priority is determined by the airline who pay for each passenger using the priority lanes.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 10:32 pm

I just asked at the BKK check-in and they said they do still give the cards to DM/OWE in Y.
There are reports on other forums that the paid-for service is no longer available to Y pax.

Last edited by DH188; Sep 22, 2018 at 11:14 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.