Search

Typhoon Trami

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2018, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Typhoon Trami

Another super Typhoon TRAMI could be coming.
Currently aiming at Hong Kong in ten days or so. Hopefully, it will change track.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 8:46 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by brunos
Another super Typhoon TRAMI could be coming.
Currently aiming at Hong Kong in ten days or so. Hopefully, it will change track.
Way to early to tell, and aiming at HKG? So far not the case: Model Tracks | Multi-Agency TC Forecast
Old Sep 22, 2018, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ernestnywang
Way to early to tell, and aiming at HKG? So far not the case: Model Tracks Multi-Agency TC Forecast
Indeed, way too early to tell.
And thanks for the link.
At this point models have "aims" going all over the place. But the UK results are worrying and some other models suggest the general direction of HK (not the US one).
Will better know in a week time.
I got so much destruction around me due to Mangkhut, that I worry even if very low probability.

Last edited by brunos; Sep 22, 2018 at 10:30 pm
Old Sep 23, 2018, 1:39 am

Most agencies currently predict that the typhoon may head towards Taiwan and Okinawa instead, but given now the typhoon is moving slowly let's wait and see
Old Sep 23, 2018, 2:23 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by brunos
Indeed, way too early to tell.
And thanks for the link.
At this point models have "aims" going all over the place. But the UK results are worrying and some other models suggest the general direction of HK (not the US one).
Will better know in a week time.
I got so much destruction around me due to Mangkhut, that I worry even if very low probability.
I would say focus on ECMWF, which is recently the most accurate, and take note of GFS, too. The other models are generally not as well regarded. Please note though that these are not official forecasts, but computer models. Official forecasts by various agencies generally don't go beyond 120 hours, and at this point, these "subjective forecasts" (meaning there is meteorologist intervention based on experience and intuition and not completely based off computer models) are in good agreement: TRAMI | Multi-Agency TC Forecast
Old Sep 23, 2018, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ernestnywang
I would say focus on ECMWF, which is recently the most accurate, and take note of GFS, too. The other models are generally not as well regarded. Please note though that these are not official forecasts, but computer models. Official forecasts by various agencies generally don't go beyond 120 hours, and at this point, these "subjective forecasts" (meaning there is meteorologist intervention based on experience and intuition and not completely based off computer models) are in good agreement: TRAMI Multi-Agency TC Forecast
Many thanks for these useful points.
It is indeed fascinating that two of these models see TRAMI going to Japan in the long run, 2 hitting middle Taiwan and 2 going South of Taiwan without touching it.
http://www.typhoon2000.ph/multi/models.php?name=TRAMI
ernestnywang likes this.

Last edited by brunos; Sep 23, 2018 at 8:59 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.