Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

CX F class award ticket - Lounge access for guest?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2018, 5:20 pm
Original Poster

I'll be flying on CX F class connecting from US to HGK (First Class - 1st segment) + HKG-BOM (Biz Class - 2nd segment).

1. Will I able to access all CX lounges at HKG airport (including F class lounge)?
2. Will I able to give access to Guest on any lounges (including F class lounge)?
Old Aug 4, 2018, 6:44 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
How long is your connection in HKG?
Old Aug 4, 2018, 7:16 pm
yt1

Programs: CX Gold
same day transit your first leg F boarding pass can give you access with 1 guest in HKG

Last edited by yt1; Aug 4, 2018 at 7:17 pm Reason: edit
Old Aug 6, 2018, 4:04 am

Programs: BA Silver, MU Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Justt wonder would I get access with 2 guests as a F Class Emerald pax?
Old Aug 6, 2018, 4:15 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Originally Posted by ny911
No.
christep likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 12:13 pm
yt1

Programs: CX Gold
You can only bring 2 guests if and only if you are MPC diamond to CX F lounge
Old Aug 6, 2018, 10:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
i would say go ask- tho im not surprised if you dont get it.
check the lounge thread?
Old Aug 6, 2018, 11:18 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by kaka

i would say go ask- tho im not surprised if you dont get it.
check the lounge thread?
Like anything, YMMV.

But if his question is "Do my lounge benefits stack?", the correct answer is "no".

By that logic, DMs flying F would be entitled to 3 lounge guests, not 2.
kaka likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 3:56 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by yt1
You can only bring 2 guests if and only if you are MPC diamond to CX F lounge
I would assume only MPC DMs can use miles to redeem lounge access? Is the redemption HKG only or also available at outports without CX lounges like SYD?
Old Aug 7, 2018, 4:27 pm

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
Originally Posted by Ausriver
I would assume only MPC DMs can use miles to redeem lounge access? Is the redemption HKG only or also available at outports without CX lounges like SYD?
MPC green above can redeem for CX lounge worldwide. note that mileage required has been "enhanced" to 9k asiamiles vs 7k it used to be... only DM can redeem First class at 12k... os first class lounge worth the same as one-way flight to Japan i highly doubt it

Old Aug 7, 2018, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not even the 7000 Asia Miles per person is worth it, let alone 9000. Only useful when there are long delays but when there are long delays the lounges would be like a zoo and very unpleasant.

Friend had the misfortune to fly HKG-JNB last July right after a hurricane when HKG reopen. Flights while resumed operating they were all delayed for hours. He said the lounge was so crowded he thought about just waiting at the gate instead.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 7:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Happy
Not even the 7000 Asia Miles per person is worth it, let alone 9000. Only useful when there are long delays but when there are long delays the lounges would be like a zoo and very unpleasant.

Friend had the misfortune to fly HKG-JNB last July right after a hurricane when HKG reopen. Flights while resumed operating they were all delayed for hours. He said the lounge was so crowded he thought about just waiting at the gate instead.
if 3 of you are staying out because 1 dont have access, thats when i may pay; depending on the relationship of the 3 people
Old Aug 7, 2018, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kaka

if 3 of you are staying out because 1 dont have access, thats when i may pay; depending on the relationship of the 3 people
Friend, wife and daughter, all 3 flew business class so by class of service all 3 persons had lounge access but he said Wing business class lounge was terrible that evening. I told him he should have ventured to the other lounges instead. On their way back they went to Pier which he said easily among the best lounges he had used.
I think the post hurricane chaos had a lot to do with his "very poor" experience (using his own words).
My feeling is, it does not worth to pay 7K miles per person but in your example, it may be worth it so the extra person would not be left out.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 8:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Happy
Friend, wife and daughter, all 3 flew business class so by class of service all 3 persons had lounge access but he said Wing business class lounge was terrible that evening. I told him he should have ventured to the other lounges instead. On their way back they went to Pier which he said easily among the best lounges he had used.
I think the post hurricane chaos had a lot to do with his "very poor" experience (using his own words).
My feeling is, it does not worth to pay 7K miles per person but in your example, it may be worth it so the extra person would not be left out.
at post typhoon times it would be a mess anywhere in the airport.
the lounge would get u some food n drinks. Nth particularly more.
and yeh i think those prices are where i think cx gets to charge to take the last person of a group at marginal cases.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 1:02 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by fakecd
MPC green above can redeem for CX lounge worldwide. note that mileage required has been "enhanced" to 9k asiamiles vs 7k it used to be... only DM can redeem First class at 12k... os first class lounge worth the same as one-way flight to Japan i highly doubt it
Thanks for the confirmation.

I will be traveling with my wife's ex-manager family. It will be group of 4 and they not frequent flyers.
The problem really is that the QF business side lounge at SYD really got nothing to eat at night before CX138, the difference between J & F lounge is huge for evening departures and we will all be flying Y. Be able to use 12000 miles so all four of us can have a proper full dinner and drinks before 9 hour of night flght in Y.

It is only CX DMs can redeem F lounge access, since all DMs can already guest 2 pax, it seems all of the 12000 mile lounge redemption will be used for group of 4 (or more). Does 12000 miles worth the value of 4 people at F lounge?

With outport none CX F lounge redemption, can we do it at check in?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.