Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Bassinet swap causes angst for mother with triplets

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bassinet swap causes angst for mother with triplets

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2018, 7:15 am

Programs: AA UA DL AS CXDM JL NH Hilton Hyatt Marriott SPG IHG
Originally Posted by percysmith

Can you OLCI with infants?
My bad, I forgot...., but you could always check MMB to see if there is any last minute equipment change
Old Aug 6, 2018, 7:27 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Originally Posted by ermen
but we can defer to the mods?
Sure, but it seems to me that a couple of Harvard grads from privileged backgrounds shouldn't need protecting from themselves!

I strongly suspect that DYKWIA featured somewhere in this story. She has a history of whinging at airlines, as Twitter etc shows.

(The husband is Spanish old money, Harvard, ex-Google; the wife Indonesian-Chinese serious money, also Harvard. I don't think they need protection.)
kaka likes this.

Last edited by christep; Aug 6, 2018 at 8:10 am
Old Aug 6, 2018, 5:02 pm

Programs: CX DM / SQ PPS / VN Platinum
their background doesnt seem relevant to me.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 6:46 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
we're just arguing in circles...as no one here seems to be able to get the side of the real OP. Maybe if ermen could as as a go between or at least post most discussion from the FB thread.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 7:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
we're just arguing in circles...as no one here seems to be able to get the side of the real OP. Maybe if ermen could as as a go between or at least post most discussion from the FB thread.
i would like to but im not part of that forum!
Old Aug 7, 2018, 4:32 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
OPUPs?
the other DM family would go bonkers if that's true.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 6:05 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Originally Posted by Jane's Addiction
their background doesnt seem relevant to me.
I think it's relevant only insofar as the question of whether they should be protected from themselves when they posted publicly about their experience. Ignorant or stupid people may not understand the opprobrium which is likely to come their way if they do that and so one could, perhaps, make a case for trying to impose some privacy when they themselves did not. But when they're both Harvard grads that doesn't apply, and they deserve all they get!
kaka likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by christep
But when they're both Harvard grads that doesn't apply, and they deserve all they get!
Being a Harvard grad does not immunize one from being a clueless, zero-common-sense dolt with limited judgment of the consequences of their actions. Trust me on that one.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 8:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Pickles
Being a Harvard grad does not immunize one from being a clueless, zero-common-sense dolt with limited judgment of the consequences of their actions. Trust me on that one.
but they wouldnt be “ignorant to the world of social media”

but this is getting off topic lol
Old Aug 8, 2018, 5:24 am
feh

Programs: Cathay Pacific, Air Astana
This might be old policy, but once they'd downgraded the husband, the wife is left with 3 young children (never mind bassinet age kids). Now what I was told a few years ago by a friend who at the time worked for CX Security, was that one adult cannot be responsible for 3 young children in a cabin. He actually mentioned this because it was/is a policy that with kids-of-seat-age is often ignored. But is harder to ignore with bassinet-age-infants.

One other issue bothering me however, is that they booked THREE seats + 2 bassinets. So presumably one seat was downgraded whereas presumably there might have been the option in extremis of Dad & triplet #3 sharing the same seat for the sector in question.

One still has to wonder about how the downgrade was chosen. I remember once as a child travelling with my parents and sister (AZ, many, many years ago, before Business Class!, LHR-FCO) three of the four of us were in First with my father in Economy, because we had three confirmed seats and one waitlisted in First. Flight was full. So my Dad sat somewhat nonplussed in Y. But the point here is, that it might have been a "downgrade" in so far as getting Y rather than the F waitlisted, but really it was a case of a waitlisting for a higher class not becoming open (?)

I appreciate that there might have been an equipment change, but it looks to me far more like a waitlisted PEY which didn't in the end convert from Y.
QRC3288 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.