A350 and CX and EC261

Old Jul 29, 2018, 5:40 am
Original Poster

A350 and CX and EC261

Last week, B-LRB encountered technical issue(hydraulic system fault) at MAN and AOG around 100hrs to fix.
This week victim was B-LRX, just 0.7 years old now AOG at DUB, info from avherald said this aircraft also suffered hydraulic fault.

Noy sure any FTalk member suffered in this two case, make sure files EC261 complaints with CX, it's your rights.

Will CX stop deploy A350 to EU area avoid huge penalty?
Old Jul 29, 2018, 10:34 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rickywk
Last week, B-LRB encountered technical issue(hydraulic system fault) at MAN and AOG around 100hrs to fix.
This week victim was B-LRX, just 0.7 years old now AOG at DUB, info from avherald said this aircraft also suffered hydraulic fault.

Noy sure any FTalk member suffered in this two case, make sure files EC261 complaints with CX, it's your rights.

Will CX stop deploy A350 to EU area avoid huge penalty?
my guess is a lot of non-EUs dont know about it. and some EUs cant be botehred.
royng likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 10:33 am

Programs: OW Sapp, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold
CX A359 really suffers problem seriously.

CX191 (B-LRI) depart today to Perth was returned back to HK after 6 hrs of departure due to technical issues.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/f...cx171#1d57343f
Old Aug 1, 2018, 2:37 pm

Programs: CX GO, AC Aeroplan 25K, AMEX PLAT, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Amb
Originally Posted by andy1022

CX191 (B-LRI) depart today to Perth was returned back to HK after 6 hrs of departure due to technical issues.

Was supposed to be on the return flight CX170 from PER-HKG last night. About 5.5 hours prior to departure the flight went from fully opened (9+ in all fares except W, R and E) to all zero-ed out. I looked up FlightRadar24 and noticed that the inbound plane was now flying back towards HKG. I thought it was just a glitch but upon further investigation it appears to be real. I looked up CX171 on CX's app it showed the return to HKG. Another hour went by and they finally posted the delay for our CX170 from 2355 till 0800 this morning.

Called MPC and they were unable to re-route me and said I had to go to the airport. We went to the airport and the agent there said the plane had some "engine problems" and had to return to HKG. We got a re-route on Qantas to MEL, and now waiting to board CX134 from MEL back to HKG. Looks like the original CX171 got put onto another A359 and is enroute to PER now. The A359 coming to MEL had thankfully made it in already

Now the question is do I get the AM/Club Points for the extra PER-MEL leg on Qantas (they rebooked us into booking class Y, so it will be worth 10CPs if MPC credits that).
Old Aug 1, 2018, 7:24 pm

Programs: CX DM, BA Gold
Pretty sure just the original CPs. And you may also experience a delay in crediting. (Happened to me before when they rerouted me to a different airline. Had to call MPC hotline for them to manually credit those).
Old Aug 1, 2018, 10:04 pm

Extraordinary technical faults are not covered by EU261 beyond the basic duty of care.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 10:45 pm

Programs: CX-DM, BA-GGL, Marriott-TI, HHonors-DM
Originally Posted by etkuo
Now the question is do I get the AM/Club Points for the extra PER-MEL leg on Qantas (they rebooked us into booking class Y, so it will be worth 10CPs if MPC credits that).
You should be. Did you give your MPC # upon check in?
Old Aug 1, 2018, 11:43 pm

Programs: Marco Polo Club, KF

Actually the entry into service of the A350 has been remarkably smooth compared to many other new models. I understand operating airlines are achieving dispatch reliability in the 99% range and this is an excellent achievement for such new technology.
QRC3288 likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 11:51 pm
Original Poster

B-LRX AOG at DUB about 96 hrs, now heading to HKG
Old Aug 2, 2018, 8:09 am

Programs: OW Sapp, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by etkuo
Was supposed to be on the return flight CX170 from PER-HKG last night. About 5.5 hours prior to departure the flight went from fully opened (9+ in all fares except W, R and E) to all zero-ed out. I looked up FlightRadar24 and noticed that the inbound plane was now flying back towards HKG. I thought it was just a glitch but upon further investigation it appears to be real. I looked up CX171 on CX's app it showed the return to HKG. Another hour went by and they finally posted the delay for our CX170 from 2355 till 0800 this morning.

Called MPC and they were unable to re-route me and said I had to go to the airport. We went to the airport and the agent there said the plane had some "engine problems" and had to return to HKG. We got a re-route on Qantas to MEL, and now waiting to board CX134 from MEL back to HKG. Looks like the original CX171 got put onto another A359 and is enroute to PER now. The A359 coming to MEL had thankfully made it in already

In my experience, they will credit you based on the original flight schedule.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 9:05 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
credit to somewhere else
Old Aug 2, 2018, 11:33 am

Programs: CX GO, AC Aeroplan 25K, AMEX PLAT, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Amb
Originally Posted by hermanc

You should be. Did you give your MPC # upon check in?
The MPC# auto-carried over to the Qantas booking and I also gave them the MPC# again upon check-in. It showed on my boarding pass as well. I guess we will find out!
Old Aug 2, 2018, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by 1010101
Extraordinary technical faults are not covered by EU261 beyond the basic duty of care.
Are they not ? Where is this documented?
Old Aug 2, 2018, 4:24 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
You can credit based on original routing if it suits you better. However, if the new route earns more miles and MPO points, one should be able to get that.
wandering_fred and etkuo like this.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by SW7London
Are they not ? Where is this documented?
It's been fairly well established through court cases that faults are only covered if they are within the normal course of maintenance and aircraft operation. Hydraulic faults on a brand new type is probably outside that, and you'd need deep pockets to be the one to test it out.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.