Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

OW Multi Carrier award -- using Stopover as Transit still allowed after Jun22 ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2018, 10:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum

Anybody knows if the OWMC still allow using Stopover as Transit now, after the June22 AM update? I talked to 3 different CS:

CS 1) It used to be allowed, but not after Jun22
CS 2) Yes it is allowed, you have to pay the Stopover tax though
CS 3) No it was never allowed.

I didn't get a chance to ticket while I talked to CS 2. Anyone know if it is still allowed? Is it HUCA or a new change in program?

Thanks!

Last edited by kakapinky; Jul 22, 2018 at 5:55 am Reason: Spelling mistake.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 1:08 am

Didn't try after 22/6 but obviously CS #3 is wrong. I suggest HUCA and ask the agent to ticket one of the transit as stopover.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 5:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Answer my own question -- HUCA and found an experience agent. Short answer is that there is no change after Jun 22, Stopover can be used as a transit.

She told me that first she needs to use a program to calculate the amount of miles needed, and this program also enforces the 5s/o, 2oj 2 transit rule. This program doesn't allow stopover be used as a transit and will throw an error. CS needs to manually calculate the miles needed. But if the CS is willing to pass the iternary for ticketing, ticketing will go through.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.