Wiki Posts
Search

HKG to SYD equipment advice

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2018, 8:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
HKG to SYD equipment advice

Planning a HKG-SYD trip in October but just found out this route falls under the regional category. So all the 777 on this route have the regional J seats. Checked online and the A330 on this route seem to have the lay flat J seats, which is the obviously choice. Just wonder if any frequent flyer on this route can confirm this or have any advice in terms of equipment choice. Thanks.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 8:29 am

The 777s on this route is always long haul J unless sometime really critical happened and last minute EQV was a regional 777
Old Jul 20, 2018, 9:13 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by woodwoodwood
Planning a HKG-SYD trip in October but just found out this route falls under the regional category. So all the 777 on this route have the regional J seats. Checked online and the A330 on this route seem to have the lay flat J seats, which is the obviously choice. Just wonder if any frequent flyer on this route can confirm this or have any advice in terms of equipment choice. Thanks.
To the OP, what are you talking about? I'm just always baffled how such obviously wrong and verifiable info becomes so muddled. Besides just searching around here for threads, or bothering to read the FAQ sticky thread literally at the top of this forum, or discovering our webpage where we meticulously detail each plane config, heck you could just spend 30 seconds searching CX's webpage to also realize this "regional to Australia" thing isn't correct! It was last correct literally a decade ago! Which of course is good news for you.

Every Australia flight has longhaul product.

I don't mean to flame too hard or be rude. But it's definitely not correct! And quickly verifiable. You will have a great longhaul product whether you're flying 777, A333 or A350 (to other Australia destinations now, and eventually to SYD too depending how far in the future you're booking).
Old Jul 20, 2018, 10:53 am

Programs: BA SL, CX GR, IHG Plat Amb
SYD route gets long haul J product, so no worries. Just select any flight that suits your need.

Personally I’d choose the 77W over 333 as they are slightly wider in the side table and footwell.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 5:35 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Where did you find out this route falls under the regional category? please share your source instead of wasting all of our time.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 3:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Sorry everyone, I just relocated back to HKG so my experience on CX is very limited. I was told about this regional category by a friend who is a current CX crew, and I was also misled on seat guru which is showing 77W in the regional configuration. Thanks for all your help.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Sorry everyone, I just relocated back to HKG so my experience on CX is very limited. I was told about this regional category by a friend who is a current CX crew, and I was also misled on seat guru which is showing 77W in the regional configuration. Thanks for all your help.
Australia is part of the Longhaul network, not the regional one
Old Jul 21, 2018, 6:45 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Just a general moderator note - some of the responses to the OP are a bit aggressive rather than welcoming to a new comer here.

Please be more thoughtful in future.

sxc
Cathay Pacific Moderator
Old Jul 21, 2018, 7:22 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Apologies!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.