Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seattle - from March 2019 4x weekly

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2019, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by daniellam
Probably they might even use the Club International (or whatever the lounge is called).
yes, as confirmed on CX’s website.

https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...ub-at-sea.html
Old Apr 1, 2019, 6:57 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I wasn't on the flight but have tickets in a month and then several more later in the year. We’re based in Seattle and have been flying CX out of YVR for a decade. We’re thrilled to have CX at our local airport. I heard there was a special gathering from 9pm onward in Seattle last night to celebrate the first departure. I flew out today and the JAL flight was at the gate, another new airline for us this weekend in Seattle.

BTW- best I can tell KTM-SEA is the best deal for business class, one ways are $1200ish and RT are roughly double.
kaffir76 likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 9:36 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by bostonbali
Do we know yet which lounge CX will use in SEA? Likely the dreadful BA lounge, however hoping they might have a better arrangement? CX website doesn't show a lounge option for SEA yet.
I guess CX would have preferred the BA lounge, except BR is also using it at the same time, so CX had to choose another lounge.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 9:43 am

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Originally Posted by ernestnywang
I guess CX would have preferred the BA lounge, except BR is also using it at the same time, so CX had to choose another lounge.
Can't CX customers in C and OW elites still use the BA lounge when flying CX based on OW lounge rules?
Old Apr 2, 2019, 10:17 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by bostonbali
Can't CX customers in C and OW elites still use the BA lounge when flying CX based on OW lounge rules?
Well, per https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=SEA, yes and no. Yes in the sense that they are eligible to enter when the BA lounge is open. No because per the same web page the lounge closes at 6pm. I don't know if BR took over the lounge completely in the evening (in the sense that the lounge is manned by BR receptionist). If that's the case, perhaps BR can claim that they are leasing the space from BA and thus it is not a oneworld lounge during those hours. Not sure about that.
Old May 26, 2019, 7:53 pm

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
CX flight attendants super fast robotic service.

I have now taken this service twice and so far I am not impressed with their economy service from their flight attendants. It was super fast meal service and the standard disappearing act we often see with Chinese / American carriers. No smiles, no sense of "service".

Normally I would not mention this but I was mistaken to think that CX would try a lot harder to make this new service successful and distinguish itself from their competition (JL , SQ, KE, BR, OZ).

I am back to JAL.
Old May 26, 2019, 8:18 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Not making excuses, and I'm not familiar with economy, but you are definitely encouraged to use the call light. It is more of a service light. In the US everyone is trained to be terrified to hit it, lest the FAs do some service work. But elsewhere it's totally fine to hit it for a beer or noodles or whatnot. In fact, CX kinda expects you to. They don't do the patrol the aisle thing. Once you're used to it, most people seen to prefer it this way. At least it's a heck of a lot easier to get what you want when you want (just hit the button, instead of waiting around passive aggressively with anxious hoped an FA will do a "patrol".) I'm one American who certainly has gotten used to this style and far far prefer it to the other way. Although my experiences aren't much in economy lately so I might be missing the mark with this.

However, that's a general point anyway. Good to know. I could also just see people not liking CX. Their J class catering is particularly bad and I imagine economy isn't any good either. Although Studio CX absolutely destroys what JAL offers, and CX has better wifi. I guess it could depend where your final destination is
aznichiro115 and infinitium like this.
Old May 26, 2019, 10:05 pm

When you think about the time both flights depart, a lot of people likely want to eat quickly then sleep, hence the feeling of a fast meal service.
Old May 26, 2019, 11:10 pm

Yep - any flight after 10:30 PM or so local time in economy I tend to put the eyeshades on at once, and eat before the flight
royng likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 7:23 am

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Don't want to make a new post on this, but it seems like CX is doing well on this route - service increases to daily starting July 1st.

https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...n-seattle.html

"We are excited to announce that The Emerald City is officially our 8th passenger service gateway in the U.S.!

Starting July 1, our flight from Seattle to Hong Kong will depart once per day for even more convenience and flexibilty when you travel. Enjoy the comfort of our newest aircraft, the Airbus A350, and relax on the only nonstop flight connecting our home port of Hong Kong to the Emerald City."
Isochronous likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by andersonCooper
Don't want to make a new post on this, but it seems like CX is doing well on this route - service increases to daily starting July 1st.

https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...n-seattle.html

"We are excited to announce that The Emerald City is officially our 8th passenger service gateway in the U.S.!

Starting July 1, our flight from Seattle to Hong Kong will depart once per day for even more convenience and flexibilty when you travel. Enjoy the comfort of our newest aircraft, the Airbus A350, and relax on the only nonstop flight connecting our home port of Hong Kong to the Emerald City."
they have already announced last dec that it will go daily in July 2019

Old Jun 3, 2019, 10:31 am

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by sbs2716g

they have already announced last dec that it will go daily in July 2019

Hmm missed the first page, thanks for pointing it out.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Many of CX's TPAC flights are increased during summer high season.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 7:53 pm

Meals?

Flying HKG>SEA in the fall and wondering if meal service will really be dinner and breakfast? Flight departs (if on time) at 23:55 which means earliest possible meal service would 1 am or so and due to arrive at 21:00 so we would be eating breakfast at US dinner time. I’m hoping that perhaps the meals are reversed or somehow more appropriate?

Is that that wishful thinking?
Old Jun 13, 2019, 8:16 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by Clay Clayton
Flying HKG>SEA in the fall and wondering if meal service will really be dinner and breakfast? Flight departs (if on time) at 23:55 which means earliest possible meal service would 1 am or so and due to arrive at 21:00 so we would be eating breakfast at US dinner time. I’m hoping that perhaps the meals are reversed or somehow more appropriate?

Is that that wishful thinking?
Supper then breakfast.

I sometimes ask for a snack rather than a breakfast main because I think it’s weird to have eggs or dim sum at 7pm local time.
craig44485 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.