FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cathay Pacific | Cathay (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay-487/)
-   -   Cathay HKG Lounge Passes for Redemption Group? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay/1919832-cathay-hkg-lounge-passes-redemption-group.html)

blum81 Jul 14, 2018 5:22 am

Cathay HKG Lounge Passes for Redemption Group?

Hi All

Here's the scenario.

My fiancee is a gold member with a ton of asia miles but doesn't have the mid tier lounge passes for her redemption group yet.
Her parents are going to Vancouver and she wants to gift them some lounge passes. She's not flying with them but they are both in her redemption group.

Is there any way she can use her asia miles to redeem lounge passes for her parents in her redemption group?

clubeurope Jul 14, 2018 5:43 am

Originally Posted by blum81 (Post 29972612)
Hi All

Here's the scenario.

My fiancee is a gold member with a ton of asia miles but doesn't have the mid tier lounge passes for her redemption group yet.
Her parents are going to Vancouver and she wants to gift them some lounge passes. She's not flying with them but they are both in her redemption group.

Is there any way she can use her asia miles to redeem lounge passes for her parents in her redemption group?

she can redeem lounge passes for 9000 asia miles each... these passes will be mailed to her address.

I recalled seeing an offer to redeem 7000 miles each somewhere, but i'm not sure if its still in effect.

blum81 Jul 14, 2018 5:51 am

Thanks clubeurope.

issue is that they leave next week so I doubt it could get to them in time.

can she call in to redeem in any way?

clubeurope Jul 14, 2018 5:57 am

Unfortunately, I am not sure, but it doesn't seem likely...

As far as I am aware, redeeming asia miles that way or using mid-tier lounge passes are the two ways to redeem lounge access

Anyone, please correct me if I am wrong

rays Jul 14, 2018 6:25 am

You can first try the lounge meet up thread

if not successful. your friend can call MPC to redeem lounge passes. I believe there is a special offer until 31st Aug but from what I read in the email. It's only for travel companions so if your friend is not travelling with them then may still need to spend 9k AM per person.

clubeurope Jul 14, 2018 8:51 am

Originally Posted by rays (Post 29972735)
if not successful. your friend can call MPC to redeem lounge passes. I believe there is a special offer until 31st Aug but from what I read in the email. It's only for travel companions so if your friend is not travelling with them then may still need to spend 9k AM per person.

As the OP has explained, there isn’t enough time to redeem lounge passes in advance for 9000 miles... as this would require CX to send the redemption letter which will take a while...

Great suggestion about the Lounge Meet Up Thread though! I completely forgot about that :)

safe travels always

clubeurope