Cathay Dragon biz seats

Old Oct 23, 2018, 10:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by QRC3288
Just to make clear for posterity, CX and KA regional flights are essentially the same in terms of service. Very very closely aligned. (And from the perspective of infrequent CX/KA travelers: basically identical).
KA food used to be A LOT better, but was reduced to CX levels around the time of the rebranding.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by moondog
KA food used to be A LOT better, but was reduced to CX levels around the time of the rebranding.
Couldn't stand the daughter being prettier than themselves. Maybe they read Cinderella at CX management playgroup meeting and got some new ideas.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 12:40 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by moondog
Correct. But this is past tense unfortunately. They've been effectively aligned (for the worse) for 2+ years now.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 11:39 am
A4K

Programs: N/A
I am not sure this is necessarily the best thread to post this question in, but...

I have the option between a KA A330 in business and a Malaysia 737 from HKG to KUL.

Flight times are almost identical, and I do not mind being on a 737 vs widebody - which would the better option in terms of seat and service?

Thanks.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 5:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
i might pick mh personally. however you’ll be in a old cradle seat. ka would get u more padding
clubeurope likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 4:29 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by A4K
I am not sure this is necessarily the best thread to post this question in, but...

I have the option between a KA A330 in business and a Malaysia 737 from HKG to KUL.

Flight times are almost identical, and I do not mind being on a 737 vs widebody - which would the better option in terms of seat and service?

Thanks.
I would also pick MH. KA's J seat is just so bad, there's no advantage of flying KA (except maybe for CPs). The food on KA is also grim and dreadful, whereas MH can occasionally have rather good food. Crew can be a hit and miss, though.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 7:17 am

Programs: SAS EuroBonus Gold, Qatar Privilege Club Gold
Originally Posted by A4K

Thanks.
If its me I'll choose the KA's 333, as it is wide body, and as far as I know, it is possibly the only carrier that serve four red and four white wine in regional routes.......
Old Feb 13, 2019, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by A4K

Thanks.
Never fly MH though.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 7:27 am

This is the leg room for KA's 333, I'm around 180cm. More recline than most F in narrow body aircraft.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 7:50 pm

Programs: BA SL, CX GR, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by A4K

Thanks.
KA for sure for myself. MH 738s are not well maintained and cleaned. Some of them are even with the old seats without PTVs. IFE content not as good as KA too. Not a pleasing J experience on MH 738 IMHO.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 1:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G, LH FTL, IHG Diamond
Does KUL - HKG qualify for alcohol on MH?
Old Feb 15, 2019, 6:53 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SirToby
Does KUL - HKG qualify for alcohol on MH?
yes.
SirToby likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.