Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

New Business class service - from July 2018 - Experiences and Discussion

New Business class service - from July 2018 - Experiences and Discussion

Old Aug 8, 2018, 4:23 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
More pictures of food that happen to not be those above:

That is it for bfast, no cereal no yogurt no croissant!

Old Aug 8, 2018, 7:03 pm

Programs: CX DM, BA Gold
The omelet looks good. How does it taste?
Old Aug 8, 2018, 7:50 pm

Programs: CX - DM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Titanium
For the main meal service, do we still have the variety of bread to choose? Or that has been enhanced away? I noted the small plate in the picture (assuming it is for bread) though on the menu it didn't said like before 'a selection of bread, etc'. Also like another poster said, they really need to think about the actual choices of main. On the CX806 menu, if one doesn't like Asian options then you're left with the beef burger/salad as the only western options both are literally snack items. Not even a proper western main option available. This isn't a regional flight to Shanghai per se; this is a US bound flight. It's mind boggling how they could even come up with this kind of menu options.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 8:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Yikes, I notice that bread/pastries appear to have been enhanced away from the second breakfast/brunch service.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 8:07 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Is it just me, or is the newspaper menu looks to be one of the most ridiculous things they have come up with?
Old Aug 8, 2018, 9:41 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by clubeurope
Is it just me, or is the newspaper menu looks to be one of the most ridiculous things they have come up with?
I agree its ridiculous. And the irony is that it talks about gourmet food with pictures of delicious items as if to rub it in your face that the food you are getting is nowhere near good quality or even well presented.

this link has pictures of the menu. From the breakfast card it looks like pastries are only available for the express breakfast or the continental breakfast.

https://www.businesstraveller.com/bu...pt-will-offer/
royng and clubeurope like this.

Last edited by sxc; Aug 8, 2018 at 9:49 pm
Old Aug 8, 2018, 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by HKGglobaltrotter
For the main meal service, do we still have the variety of bread to choose? Or that has been enhanced away? I noted the small plate in the picture (assuming it is for bread) though on the menu it didn't said like before 'a selection of bread, etc'.
No option, everyone gets the standard 'loaf' for lunch/dinner. No more garlic bread, good for the crew I guess, no need to explain the roll choices anymore, just run the tray from galley, plonk, then next tray.

Exactly what I have expected, plating up what used to be casserole mains. I'm not surprised in the least
QRC3288 likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 10:30 pm

And why are the plates so comically big? can't they use QR's rectangular plates for starters and appropriately sized plates for mains? They tray looks so cluttered and plates so empty like someone's taken the half of the food?
Old Aug 9, 2018, 6:08 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ Gold
Seriously, do they (or can they) assign someone from management to take commercial flights from the competitors just to see what they are up against? I mean ok fine, they might mean well on improving catering but this airline used to execute things so well it was such a pleasure to fly with them.

Now I'm having a hard time pinpointing whats going well for these folks...
Old Aug 9, 2018, 7:09 am
NoY

Programs: SQ, EY, QR, BA, ITA, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott
I am looking forward to my CX DXB-HKG flight next week, as I always do. This will be “old” style Business service, for now, of course but that suits me just fine.
Having read this thread now, it seems that CX management have totally lost the plot with regards to Business Class food. In short, what a bl***y mess. And what muppet came up with that Newspaper style menu
How hard is it to cater simple, tasty, well presented food? Forget DOD (if thats too hard!) Just simple food, done well, will suffice ^ Lets hope they don’t (or haven’t) do an EY & get McKinsey in

Its such a shame as lounges & onboard hard product (in J & F) are just fine.
frankyguy and royng like this.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 8:08 am

Programs: CX Diamond
And I thought the savoury dips and berries in syrup were the low point in CX catering.........!
frankyguy likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 8:34 am

Programs: CX Gold, MB Titanium
Originally Posted by jckl
No option, everyone gets the standard 'loaf' for lunch/dinner. No more garlic bread, good for the crew I guess, no need to explain the roll choices anymore, just run the tray from galley, plonk, then next tray.

Exactly what I have expected, plating up what used to be casserole mains. I'm not surprised in the least
This is getting worse and worse... I actually really enjoyed the garlic bread!
NoY and royng like this.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 2:52 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by AC340-541
And I thought the savoury dips and berries in syrup were the low point in CX catering.........!
I actually thought that wasn't too bad (and very reminiscent of the choice on QR hmmm ) but this?!
Old Aug 9, 2018, 7:27 pm

Programs: BA SL, CX GR, IHG Plat Amb
This is sad. Cant see any improvement except things being plated on a larger plate. Food doesnt look better, table cloth seems to have gone etc. What are they thinking.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 7:57 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by sxc

I agree its ridiculous. And the irony is that it talks about gourmet food with pictures of delicious items as if to rub it in your face that the food you are getting is nowhere near good quality or even well presented.

this link has pictures of the menu. From the breakfast card it looks like pastries are only available for the express breakfast or the continental breakfast.

https://www.businesstraveller.com/bu...pt-will-offer/
I just had a closer look at the sample photos and noticed that under the western breakfast, it does show pastries. But doesn't look like it's actually there in reality.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.