Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

New Business class service - from July 2018 - Experiences and Discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Business class service - from July 2018 - Experiences and Discussion

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2019, 5:27 am

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Thanks! No idea I must say - I just had a look at the menu to see if it said anything but it does not mention any supplier (Do&Co or otherwise)
I think they took over catering for all CX flights from LHR and LGW starting May
orbitmic likes this.
Old May 11, 2019, 6:12 am

Programs: CX Gold
Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd

I think they took over catering for all CX flights from LHR and LGW starting May
Do&Co have posted in their IG about this.
Old May 11, 2019, 6:29 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Pan fried turnip cake in XO sauce. Exactly what I had on MXP-HKG in F LOL (also a DO&CO catered outstation)
orbitmic likes this.
Old May 13, 2019, 8:00 am

Programs: Cathay MPC, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Domestic Airline Nobody
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Fruit plate is less nice than the old service fruit trolley where you can choose what you want (not to mention that the fruit quality has gone down compared to a couple of years ago.
I miss the trolley for the main courses as well. I think the menu descriptions makes the food sound AWFUL. I like when you can just look at the choices and select from there.

I also think calling it "Dine on Demand" is silly. They attempt to serve everyone at once, same as they always have. Except now they pester you almost immediately to make your choices.
Old May 13, 2019, 8:14 am

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
Originally Posted by Gongzuokuang
I also think calling it "Dine on Demand" is silly. They attempt to serve everyone at once, same as they always have. Except now they pester you almost immediately to make your choices.
One needs to be assertive. Cut them off before they ask you what will you be having, then you won't feel pestered

Crew member: "Good morning/afternoon/evening Mr. X, welcome on board"
Me when I don't want to eat immediately: "Good morning/afternoon/evening. Actually I was thinking of having my meal 5 hours into the flight, would you be so kind as to reserve dishes Y and Z for me"
Old May 13, 2019, 8:43 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Gongzuokuang
Where do they say the new service is Dine on Demand? It's not as far as I know?
Old May 13, 2019, 9:03 am

Programs: Cathay MPC, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Domestic Airline Nobody
Originally Posted by sxc
Where do they say the new service is Dine on Demand? It's not as far as I know?
Probably my bad. I just remember the trials from 2017. Disregard.
Old May 16, 2019, 10:58 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
The new service is now on Sydney flights, with the rest of Australia due in June.

https://www.ausbt.com.au/cathay-paci...s-in-australia
Old May 16, 2019, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by sxc
The new service is now on Sydney flights, with the rest of Australia due in June.

https://www.ausbt.com.au/cathay-paci...s-in-australia
Wow CX really cuts back significantly on the quantity of the meals. I remember that there used to be two substantial meals served on these daytime flights.
While the breakfast was almost the same, the light lunch looked pretty cheap to me. It was supposed to be a full elaborate lunch service with separate starter, main course, cheese and dessert service. Now it was just an one tray service with a small bowl of fruit starter and a small bowl of dessert.

Carfield
jerrywu likes this.
Old May 16, 2019, 1:44 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Carfield
Wow CX really cuts back significantly on the quantity of the meals. I remember that there used to be two substantial meals served on these daytime flights.
While the breakfast was almost the same, the light lunch looked pretty cheap to me. It was supposed to be a full elaborate lunch service with separate starter, main course, cheese and dessert service. Now it was just an one tray service with a small bowl of fruit starter and a small bowl of dessert.

Carfield
Marketing is really the art of presenting a worse product as an improvement over the old one.

The trouble is, most don't realise it, and remain captivated by the adverts.
Carfield likes this.
Old May 16, 2019, 4:45 pm
THR

Originally Posted by Carfield

Carfield
Definitely seems to be the case. I'm on CX110 in December, so will be a little disappointed if the food service is sub-par.

Albeit, we have at least 6 hours to kill in the lounge(s) afterwards.
Carfield likes this.
Old May 16, 2019, 5:34 pm

Programs: Cathay Lifetime Diamond
The new service is now on flights to from Auckland. Last week I had 4 excellent meals that were all far better than the previous catering on the route.
AND the garlic bread has made a return.
Service a little slow but not intolerably so..
jagmeets and FlyPointyEnd like this.
Old May 16, 2019, 6:14 pm

4 meals?
Old May 16, 2019, 7:44 pm
THR

Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
4 meals?
I think he means as a return - i.e. 2 per leg.
Old May 16, 2019, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by THR
I think he means as a return - i.e. 2 per leg.
I thought he had a late supper, 2 midnight-snacks...and a breakfast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.