Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

New Business class service - from July 2018 - Experiences and Discussion

New Business class service - from July 2018 - Experiences and Discussion

Old Mar 5, 2019, 12:39 am

Originally Posted by HKGglobaltrotter
I can confirm that there was new J service on my SYD flights last week.
was it good?
Old Mar 5, 2019, 3:48 am

Programs: KL/AF Platinum
How was the new service from SYD?
Old Mar 5, 2019, 5:53 am

Programs: CX - DM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Titanium
Originally Posted by hardiwv
How was the new service from SYD?
Oops...Sorry guys! There was a typo in my previous comment. There was NO new J service on my SYD-HKG on March 2nd
Old Mar 5, 2019, 6:24 am

This is a clear sign CX is indeed facing serious issues with the new J product...
Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:19 am

This is a clear sign CX is indeed facing serious issues with the new J product...
Not really
Most of the EU ports are converted to new catering already.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 11:08 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
Being a regular BA Flyer and not having flown Cathay Long haul for some time I was made to feel very at home on my flight from LHR to KUL via HKG last weekend.
I was sat in the front mini cabin in J on a full flight.
Service was ridiculously slow and the poor crew were obviously not coping. Too few crew by far.
Meal took an age, things were forgotten, getting another drink took a long time as they still had not served the whole cabin after i had finished my main course.
Food was very comparable to BAs; it was ok.
It all felt very BA like.
Transiting in Hong Kong was awful ; it was like a rugby scrum and no priority lanes.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 2:37 pm

Programs: CX, Hyatt
Could also be with catering partners in outports.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
I heard there were some delays on AUS routes...but I assume it was launched for SFO last week.
just flew SFO - HKG on 3/3, flight 873 and still had old style menu.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 3:32 pm

Things are surely not on track. Maybe this could also be related to negative pax reaction on the new service hence the delay.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 9:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K - 2mm, AA Platinum- 2mm, Starwood Lifetime Platinum (Ambassador)
Originally Posted by Elizabeth Hall

just flew SFO - HKG on 3/3, flight 873 and still had old style menu.
Thanks ... On 870 on Thursday. Ill report back....
Old Mar 5, 2019, 11:56 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
Originally Posted by BUT777
On a recent ex EU flight, full load in J. Second meal breakfast before landing.

Two DMs (husband and wife) travelling together both chose the Chinese congee options. Orders were taken with the breakfast card at the very beginning of the flight. Before the breakfast service started, SP asked the husband to give up his choice and let the wife had it. Basically she just wanted to provide one congee to either one of them, asking courtesy from one of them to give up their first choice.

And on the same flight, a GO also ordered congee for breakfast, but she was just being told that because she already got her first choice from the first meal, so she can't have her first choice for the second meal. Crew told her only around 10+ Chinese options were being loaded, and many of the passengers already didn't have their first choices at first meal. Soup noodles on the snack menu were also emptied after the first meal. She ends up eating nothing.
Did the ISM/ SP proactively offer compensation though...?
Old Mar 7, 2019, 9:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K - 2mm, AA Platinum- 2mm, Starwood Lifetime Platinum (Ambassador)
Originally Posted by jkingsle

Thanks ... On 870 on Thursday. Ill report back....
Old service on 870. IS! Wasnt sure when SFO would change. Said that LAX had new service.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 10:03 pm

Was on 812, HKG/BOS, new J service, no issue, dinner and brunch. BTW, flight is full, or nearly full.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 10:29 pm

Programs: MPC-DM, Enrich-Plat
Originally Posted by jerrywu
Was on 812, HKG/BOS, new J service, no issue, dinner and brunch. BTW, flight is full, or nearly full.
That's a twitter one-liner summary, though would you be willing to elaborate to something more useful for a forum public ?
royng likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by Cambo
That's a twitter one-liner summary, though would you be willing to elaborate to something more useful for a forum public ?
SP came by to say hello and took my order after seat belt sign was off. Dinner was served by a BC, approximately one hour and half after take off. I didnt take cheese and was offered a tea.
About 6 hours in prior to touch down, I have a roast duck lai fun delivered in 10 minutes after request.
Breakfast began at around two hours before landing. Order was taken (not ticked as it is a brunch instead of breakfast in some other destinations) at time snack order was served.
Overall, nothing fancy and FAs seem to know what theyre doing. Being a DM and sitting at 16A probably helps. I was buried into watching IFE movies, didnt bother to look around if fellow passengers were served flawlessly.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.