Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Waitlist enhanced to exclude in-demand flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2018, 9:03 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau
Original Poster

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member

(Mods, I decided not to include this in the Asia Miles changes thread in the first instance because I noticed this change while ticketing under the old table pre-22/6 (as early as 19/6 for 27/8 CX865 F, I believe). But I have no objection if in your better judgement this belongs into the changes thread).

Pre-June, you can waitlist any CX/KA flight. Even an impossible flight like HKG-CTS on 22/12/18 (start of Christmas 5-day holiday)

New enhancements are self explanatory:

And the statement is manifestly incorrect if the flights are viewed as a whole:

Last edited by percysmith; Jun 25, 2018 at 9:19 pm
Old Jun 25, 2018, 9:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
They have closed waitlist before- but its rare. Their number of waitlist must hv been restricted.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 9:23 pm

Programs: CX DM, BA Gold
Can it be an IT issue? I waitlisted a DUB o/w in J for mid-aug. pre-22/6.

Website showed closed for WL on 22/6. called -3888 over the weekend and got the WL cleared (seems the "enhancement" does open more spaces). Checked the AM website again for that flight, WL is open.

So maybe worth giving MPC a call?
Old Jun 25, 2018, 9:32 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau
Original Poster

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by iansh
So maybe worth giving MPC a call?
I was calling to ask for the 27/8 CX856 F waitlist. But I'm not DM so I can't open seats from revenue.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 9:37 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles DM, CX GO, Hilton Honors Diamond
I'm waitlisted on July 20-Aug 28 MNL JFK RT, I did this before June 22, how will this effect things? When I check on the CX app it says booking status "on request*.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 9:44 pm

Programs: CX DM, BA Gold
that maybe true (althou tbh, don't think CX does that any more). It's just interesting that they opened up the WL for the flight after I called.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 6:03 pm

I've never really encountered this before... I'm looking to redeem flights between Aug 4-7 in J from YYZ to HKG. I am waitlisted at the moment. I see lots of availabilities for the first 3 weeks of July for the same class and route. Any idea if this will change?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.