Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Can I change the arrival city of the last trip in my ticket?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2018, 5:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Cathay Pacific

My original trips are CTU to YVR via HKG, return as YYZ to CTU via HKG, can I change my last trip arrival city to PEK instead of CTU? Anyone experienced before, thanks a lot!
Old Jun 22, 2018, 5:20 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
It probably depends on the flexibility of your ticket for starters but then you would be repriced following that.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
It probably depends on the flexibility of your ticket for starters but then you would be repriced following that.
thanks, it is a business save (i) class ticket.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 5:30 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
I will let one of the CX Experts give you advice as i am not too familiar with CX Ticket classses
Old Jun 22, 2018, 6:20 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Just call them.

It's certainly possible "in general" if the cities in question are lumped together in one zone, like TPE/RMQ are. I'm not sure if that's the case for PEK and CTU.

But those ex-China I fares are known as the cheapest business class fares in the network, so I'm not sure. Maybe there are some restrictions on the ticket conditions preventing a change. Let us know what they say.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 7:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by QRC3288
Just call them.

It's certainly possible "in general" if the cities in question are lumped together in one zone, like TPE/RMQ are. I'm not sure if that's the case for PEK and CTU.

But those ex-China I fares are known as the cheapest business class fares in the network, so I'm not sure. Maybe there are some restrictions on the ticket conditions preventing a change. Let us know what they say.
thanks very much
Old Jun 23, 2018, 2:20 am

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by QRC3288
Just call them.

I agree. The best is to call them. I bought these fares before. I changed return dates a few times, but never the cities. Ex-PEK, PVG, CTU, CAN, TAO all have different I fares and the different is quite huge.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 3:08 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF Gold
Well, I had a ticket KMG-HKG-SIN and back in economy and had to change the return to SIN-HKG-PEK. Called CX, asked how much it would be to change, they said "Nothing", so I went ahead. The ticket was in M class.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 7:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NetJets Germany
Well, I had a ticket KMG-HKG-SIN and back in economy and had to change the return to SIN-HKG-PEK. Called CX, asked how much it would be to change, they said "Nothing", so I went ahead. The ticket was in M class.

thanks, this info is very useful
Old Jun 23, 2018, 8:55 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by NetJets Germany
Originally Posted by eric0429
thanks, this info is very useful
True, but I wouldn't get your hopes up yet.

M is a middle of the road economy fare and tends to have pretty wide permissions for rebooking and minimal cost, since many of the fares are similar.

I subfare ex China biz tickets are literally the cheapest biz tickets in the network these days I think, and they are highly customized for each point of origin IIRC. For example in China ex-Beijing and ex-Shanghai are separate rates for I class. And there are also a lot of fees slapped on for things like stopovers, changes and whatnot. They seem like they can be an amazing deals but you really have to have some time on your hand or mega flexibility, and then not need to change. I've looked into taking advantage (my company seems like a perfect candidate, we fly to China frequently on top of our intl travel) but we just cannot make them work like I read on here (guys quoting 20k RMB for tickets etc.). All this means I think your odds of the ex-CTU I fare being the same price isn't as high as the other fellow's M fare swap.

Let us know how it goes and good luck.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 5:20 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, CX Green
https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...onditions.html

Looks like the rerouting fee is 1500CNY, so it would be the fare difference plus 1500CNY rerouting fee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.