Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Wing 1st v Centurion lounge with Centurion?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2018, 9:03 pm
Original Poster

Says it all. Are they comparable or how do they differ?
Old Jun 13, 2018, 4:54 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
The HKG Centurion Lounge is small and have very limited facility and selections. I was there once briefly and returned to the Pier after having some snack. If you can have access to Wing F, don't bother about Centurion.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 6:12 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
For an actual centurion card holder, there is a la carte. Based on this review it looks a lot better thanPier F these days.

https://www.ausbt.com.au/american-ex...tional-airport
Old Jun 13, 2018, 7:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA Plat, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Not sure about the HK Centurion Lounge but the US lounges are so overcrowded that it's often more pleasant in the terminal. From the description in the review it sounds like there's a dining area for Centurion card holders, but if you don't want to eat you may be dealing with the throngs.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 7:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MikeBOS
Not sure about the HK Centurion Lounge but the US lounges are so overcrowded that it's often more pleasant in the terminal. From the description in the review it sounds like there's a dining area for Centurion card holders, but if you don't want to eat you may be dealing with the throngs.
but this isnt the usa and the crowd is less. Im not saying its empty, but its not like a packed central on a sunday- which was my experience in sfo last time i went
Old Jun 14, 2018, 12:57 am

Programs: AA EXP
The centurion side of the centurion lounge has been an oasis of calm every time I've been there. If the best oneworld lounge in the system (Pier F) wasn't just down the hall there wouldn't be a question here but as it is I think I prefer the Centurion lounge for food (its a real ala carte dining) and Pier F for sitting / hanging out as well as showers etc. Suggest doing both, they are both about as good as airport lounges get.

The normal side of centurion lounge is ok but if you have access to Pier F I would not bother.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
I have only been to the Wing Business (and that was years ago).

Nevertheless, IMHO - while I always recommend going every lounge you can get access, the Wing F will be a better lounge that the Centurion Lounge (even with the Centurion section).

AMEX Centurion Lounge is an embarrassing lounge in term of how it positions itself. Food wise, any lounges in HKG, even the UC, have better food choices. When I understand one of the selling point of the AMEX Centurion Lounge is its BBQ Pork over rice. The reality remains depressing that there are many places in Hong Kong having the same food with similar quality. Nevertheless, AMEX Centurion Lounge has some decent alcohol selection.

So while AMEX Centurion Lounge has great services, the offering makes it less competitive.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 7:08 pm

Programs: CX, Hyatt
how did we go from comparing centurion to bridge/Pier J in the past to Wing F now...
fakecd likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 12:47 am
Original Poster

Because I asked it.
nightkhan likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 1:16 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
I assume QF has better char siu fan?
Old Jun 15, 2018, 1:20 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Isochronous
I assume QF has better char siu fan?
I wasn’t particularly excited by it a few weeks ago.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 1:34 am
Original Poster

Just finished an a la carte meal in the Centurion lounge and, I have to say, much better than the meal I had in the Haven last week - genuinely high end.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 2:16 am
Original Poster

As an addendum, I just mentioned in passing my thoughts to a couple in the lounge and they agreed, as long term Cathay members, that it’s a much better experience.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 11:39 am

Programs: SQ TPP28, CX DM, DL P, GA CB, WOH LGLOB, HH D, MB G, Hertz P
As far as I remember, many a la carte menu items at Centurion section of the lounge were similar/same as those in Pier F.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 1:37 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
The bar at the Centurion lounge is pretty good, but it's a small space and open to the terminal (easily my *least* favorite aspect of many HKG lounges).

I'd also rank the showers at the Pier (either F/J) higher than the Centurion lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.