Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Which CX lounge has the best shower facilities at HKG?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2018, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver/OW Sapphire

I've got 3.5 hours in transit on an upcoming trip and am looking forward to trying out each of the CX lounges as I've passed through HKG many times but never in J.

Arriving from LHR the first thing I want to do is have a good shower to freshen up. I know it's subjective, but what is the general consensus on which lounge has the best showers and washing facilities?

I'm flying on to SYD on QF so expect to finish in either the Qantas lounge or the new Deck lounge next door.

Last edited by wb1969; Jun 12, 2018 at 9:38 am
Old Jun 12, 2018, 9:27 am

Location: Vancouver, Manila, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong
Programs: CX-DM, Marriott Gold, Fairmont Premier
I prefer the showers at The Pier. They may be smaller than The Wing but ventilation is better and they also have AESOP products.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by wb1969
I've got 3.5 hours in transit on an upcoming trip and am looking forward to trying out each of the CX lounges as I've passed through HKG many times but never in J.

Arriving from LHR the first thing I want to do is have a good shower to freshen up. I know it's subjective, but what is the general consensus on which lounge has the best showers and washing facilities?

I'm flying on to SYD on QF so expect to finish in either the Qantas lounge or the new Deck lounge next door.
Originally Posted by wb1969

So CX254 arriving at 17:15 and continue QF118 at 23:00 I assume. Because QF lounge is perfect when there’s no QF or JL flights leaving, but it’ll probably be rather busy that time of day. It’s deserted right after it opens up in the morning.

The Pier is a long trek, unless you hit a transit point on the way. Showers there are the best of the CX lounges. Haven’t looked at showers at The Deck, but it’s a small lounge after all. If I were you, would stay at QF Lounge if possible. It’s still the best OW lounge overall at HKG (The Pier got close after opening, but look at the sodexo thread....)
Old Jun 12, 2018, 10:16 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
@wb1969 Just to be clear, you don't have OWE status, so you are just looking at J lounges?
Old Jun 12, 2018, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver/OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by christep
@wb1969 Just to be clear, you don't have OWE status, so you are just looking at J lounges?
Correct
Old Jun 12, 2018, 1:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold
The QF lounge showers are fine and waay better than the BA Heathrow ones. For CX I've always liked the Wing showers, rooms large enough to live in... but that's in F and I'm not sure what J is like. By the way the Espresso Martini in the QF lounge is far superior to even the CX First lounges.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 6:40 pm

Programs: CX Silver
CX Deck (Gate 16) - Aesop products, similar to Pier in size but poor ventilation
CX Pier J (Gate 64) - Aesop products, good ventilation
CX Wing J (Gate 2) - Unidentifiable bath products, Jurlique facial cleanser and lotion, rooms generally larger than Pier and Deck but ventilation also poor
CX Wing F (Gate 2) - Unidentifiable bath products, Jurlique facial cleanser and lotion, huge rooms with good ventilation, esp so if you can get a cabana
Old Jun 12, 2018, 8:43 pm

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
Originally Posted by jysim
CX Wing J (Gate 2) - Unidentifiable bath products, Jurlique facial cleanser and lotion, rooms generally larger than Pier and Deck but ventilation also poor
CX Wing F (Gate 2) - Unidentifiable bath products, Jurlique facial cleanser and lotion, huge rooms with good ventilation, esp so if you can get a cabana
Is this the bath product you would find at the Wing?

Old Jun 12, 2018, 11:21 pm

Programs: CX Silver
Originally Posted by Alawyer
Is this the bath product you would find at the Wing?

I never knew CX (or their outsourced contractors) would be so lustful. Perhaps they can channel some of the raunchiness to their food instead.

Last time I was in the Wing (about 1 year ago), shampoo and body wash were in large, unlabeled bottles. Couldn't tell the quality but bottle looks Watson's to me.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 4:19 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
no one likes the Bridge? I really like the bench that you can sit on and they're roomy
Old Jun 14, 2018, 8:40 pm

Programs: MPCGO
Originally Posted by Ausriver
no one likes the Bridge? I really like the bench that you can sit on and they're roomy
I gotta agree. The Bridge showers are the roomiest amongst the J lounges. Used them just last week. Shorter trek than Pier, too.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 11:05 pm

I'd vote #1 for The Pier – spacious, well-appointed, great amenities, decent ventilation and no water splash across the floor – that's pretty much everything I could ask for in an airport shower!
Old Jun 15, 2018, 8:22 am

The Pier is definitely the best in my opinion. The ventilation is key for me, and I can stay nice and cool in those showers. Water pressure is good and nice Aesop products.

Haven't been in HKG since The Deck opened so maybe it is better.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 9:14 am

Didn't want to create a new thread. I'm flying MLE -> HKG arriving at 8am. I'm flying Y and wife in J. We have a 10 hour layover til our JFK flight. She's flying F and myself in J. We'd like to shower before heading out for the day. Is the Arrival the best option for her or would we be able to access anything else?
Old Jun 15, 2018, 9:24 am

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by atojbk
Didn't want to create a new thread. I'm flying MLE -> HKG arriving at 8am. I'm flying Y and wife in J. We have a 10 hour layover til our JFK flight. She's flying F and myself in J. We'd like to shower before heading out for the day. Is the Arrival the best option for her or would we be able to access anything else?
Arrival showers are pretty bad but if you have to leave the airport that seems to be the only option.
gpia likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.