FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cathay Pacific | Cathay (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay-487/)
-   -   Remind me not to fly CX out of ORD again (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay/1913533-remind-me-not-fly-cx-out-ord-again.html)

5khours Jun 10, 2018 12:46 am

Remind me not to fly CX out of ORD again

TSA at Terminal 5 is a CF.
BA F lounge is a dump.
Hard and soft product were Ok but what's with the miniature footwell.

Nicc HK Jun 10, 2018 3:05 am

ORD Is a mess. Three weeks ago flew into there on an international flight. It took 2 hours to go through immigration, even US citizens, who were in the same queue as foreigners. APEC card was useless.

I am with you and will be avoiding ORD on an international itinerary for the future.

However connecting domestically on AA is easy, and the AA Flagship lounge is not bad, the staff there are really good.

Kachjc Jun 10, 2018 4:35 am

typical
Airport is terrible

only on the CX forum is it CX's fault

"How dare CX not build its own terminal, typical backward cost cutting management"
" I am giving up MPC Godl"
" All future flying on EK!!!"

Gongzuokuang Jun 10, 2018 5:13 am

Originally Posted by Kachjc (Post 29849508)
typical
Airport is terrible

Fair point.

But the CX ground crew there in pretty bad, so it's not entirely undeserved.

1P Jun 10, 2018 6:11 am

Originally Posted by Nicc HK (Post 29849359)
ORD Is a mess. Three weeks ago flew into there on an international flight. It took 2 hours to go through immigration, even US citizens, who were in the same queue as foreigners. APEC card was useless.

That's when Global Entry shows its true worth! (Of course, only available if you are US citizen or LPR)

Hottub Cowboy Jun 10, 2018 7:27 am

I fly through ORD once a month en route to DFW. CX staff on the ground are very helpful and the immigration has never been an issue (US Citizen/Global Entry).

jmj9905 Jun 10, 2018 8:12 am

I have flown CX out of ord periodically, will be flying that in Sep., I find there people to be very helpful and the flights attendants usually very good. Terminal 5 is another story but don't but don't blame that on CX.

YMMV

arabiamark Jun 10, 2018 8:16 am

Might be worth flying JAL since I believe they use T3. So you get Flagship Lounge, etc.

hkskyline Jun 10, 2018 8:39 am

JAL arrives at T5 so the immigration queue mess remains.

MADPhil Jun 10, 2018 8:51 am

Originally Posted by 1P (Post 29849676)
That's when Global Entry shows its true worth! (Of course, only available if you are US citizen or LPR)

And 12 other countries: https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...ry/eligibility

christep Jun 10, 2018 9:10 am

Originally Posted by MADPhil (Post 29850025)

I count 11, but maybe you count Scotland as a (soon to be) separate country? :D

And I'm surprised the Commie Chinese haven't got upset about the classification of Taiwan!

5khours Jun 10, 2018 9:59 am

Originally Posted by arabiamark (Post 29849942)
Might be worth flying JAL since I believe they use T3. So you get Flagship Lounge, etc.

That's what I normally do. Thought I'd give CX a try. Mistake.

Who said that.

MADPhil Jun 10, 2018 10:22 am

Originally Posted by christep (Post 29850078)
I count 11, but maybe you count Scotland as a (soon to be) separate country? :D

I counted Canada, which is mentioned as eligible via NEXUS in the following paragraph.

christep Jun 10, 2018 10:33 am

Originally Posted by MADPhil (Post 29850285)
I counted Canada, which is mentioned as eligible via NEXUS in the following paragraph.

Oh, OK. Sorry.

glennaa11 Jun 10, 2018 10:36 am

try JFK...that place is always an unpleasant mess too. I think it's more an issue of US airports being complete messes.

I arrived on CX at ORD last Sunday. Global Entry was quick. Bags took forever to arrive (and the screens never did show which baggage claim belt would be used for this flight, just a couple of PA announcements). But still better than the surly people running JFK.

Looking forward to their new service to IAD though.