Foreign object in salad

Old Jun 6, 18, 9:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX Silver
Foreign object in salad

Firstly let me clarify that I'm not looking to start a war or demand unreasonable compensation from CX. I have emailed CX regarding the issue 2 days ago and still waiting for their reply. I posted this here so that other flyers would, literally, watch what they eat, especially when food on CX is no longer about taste but safety.
Flight: CX246
Route: CPH-HKG
Class of service: PEY
Meal: Lunch (first meal, so supposedly a J meal)

Apparently what I assumed was an acid-green sticker in the potato salad and prosciutto sitting at the bottom of the dish waiting to be eaten. By the time I found out what it was the rest of the salad was beyond my bulimic abilities to recall. Reported to FP, told she'll "tell my section leader" and "please wait for her to come to you". Sadly by the end of the flight nothing was done and potatoes (and acid-green stickers) get digested.
As mentioned, still waiting for CX customer relations to reply. Unfortunately they did not have an image attachment function on their feedback page. The picture literally spoke a thousand words.

Old Jun 6, 18, 10:30 am

Programs: AA Platinum, MPC Silver
Last year on a HKG-JFK flight in F, during breakfast service, the FA set the bread basket and jams, etc. All the jam jars had the plastic seal around it unbroken so everything should be new. Opened up the strawberry jam, and a quarter of it was already scooped out. Not only that, there was a bit of butter and bread crumbs left in there which meant this was a previously used jar. I complained to the FA, purser, but not much they could do and not really their fault. Wrote to CX, zero response.
rufflesinc likes this.
Old Jun 6, 18, 6:59 pm

Just post the image to CX facebook page, CS team will contact with you
Old Jun 6, 18, 7:15 pm

idk why people still E-MAIL

post on facebook/twitter and embarrass them....
diburning likes this.
Old Jun 6, 18, 9:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kachjc View Post

Oh well, I guess I want them to have the opportunity to respond before posting on a public portal.
strickerj likes this.
Old Jun 7, 18, 12:05 am

Programs: UA 1K 0.7MM, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by Kachjc View Post

FWIW - email is not the issue, but how CX generally handles complaints is the issue.

Just taking UA as an example - all top-tiered (equivalent to CX DM level or above) have a specialized email to contact UA. Also, the website allows certain attachments.

CX's IT is simply worse, if not bad.
Old Jun 7, 18, 4:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by garykung View Post
FWIW - email is not the issue, but how CX generally handles complaints is the issue.
I concur. To rub salt to the wound, even when they do reply, the messages felt like they were pre-selected from a menu of canned words.

I wouldn't be too surprised to find Ms. Singh or Ms. Law whom I corresponded on this issue turns out to be A.I. from a virtual world. Oh wait, CX isn't there yet with their IT.
Old Jun 7, 18, 5:49 am

Programs: UA 1K 0.7MM, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by jysim View Post
To rub salt to the wound, even when they do reply, the messages felt like they were pre-selected from a menu of canned words.
This is actually not a problem as well.

The key is to resolve the issue. I seriously doubt that CX's canned response will be the one with any form of compensation, at the minimum.
Old Jun 7, 18, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Gold: A3, AZ, BA Silver: KL
Oh well, I guess I want them to have the opportunity to respond before posting on a public portal.
Is this "portal" not public??
Old Jun 7, 18, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
What is it?
Old Jun 7, 18, 8:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irishguy28 View Post
Is this "portal" not public??
To be fair I did give CX 2 days with their secretaries and typewriters and telegrams.

Originally Posted by GadgetFreak View Post
What is it?
I think it is a food label sticker that was too eager to be made into consumable airplane food in one airport kitchen in CPH.
Old Jun 7, 18, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
To be fair I did give CX 2 days with their secretaries and typewriters and telegrams.

I think it is a food label sticker that was too eager to be made into consumable airplane food in one airport kitchen in CPH.
Thanks
Old Jun 7, 18, 10:20 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Fairmont Platinum, Le Club Accor Platinum, Hyatt GP Platinum
CX normally takes 10-14 days to reply, its a canned apology but you can reply to the email and attach the photo for them to "further investigate".
Old Jun 8, 18, 1:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Gold: A3, AZ, BA Silver: KL
If the salad came from CPH, I think it's fair to assume that ALL of the contents were foreign
LCSinTexas and strickerj like this.
Old Jun 8, 18, 10:02 am

Would requesting the Heemolis Kosher Meal resolve this? If its not fully wrapped then refuse it as it has been tampered with.

While I'm not religious I order the KSML in Y to be sure no one has tampered with it or an open jam jar. I have for the most part have gotten tasty Kosher Meals while not gourmet its certminly better than the rrgular meals in my opinion.
LCSinTexas likes this.

Search this Thread