Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Marco Polo Club
Reload this Page >

Limited reintroduction of amuse bouche / champagne updates for FCL

Old Jun 4, 18, 9:38 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA ExPlat, BAEC Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Starriott Gold, GE

- Amuse bouche will be offered again beginning mid June for a trial period of 3 months. This is limited to ex-HKG to ORD, BOS and JFK only

- Vintage champagne rotation will be network-wide by this month

- Krug 2004 will also be featured on all routes starting this month (not sure if this implies its on top of the vintage rotation, but yeah)
Old Jun 4, 18, 1:45 pm

Excellent news, thank you for posting!

Cheers,

PedroNY
Old Jun 4, 18, 2:21 pm
formerly drb1979

Programs: QF
You do have to wonder what exactly they will "trial"

They know what to do, how to do it, and presumably the costs.

Either introduce it, or not. Don't faff about with a "trial" !
Old Jun 4, 18, 8:25 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Fairmont Platinum, Le Club Accor Platinum,
Originally Posted by SW7London View Post
You do have to wonder what exactly they will "trial"

They know what to do, how to do it, and presumably the costs.

Either introduce it, or not. Don't faff about with a "trial" !
different serving time...
Old Jun 4, 18, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by G-CIVC View Post
- Amuse bouche will be offered again beginning mid June for a trial period of 3 months. This is limited to ex-HKG to ORD, BOS and JFK only
Amuse bouche will not be served during boarding like before, but instead will be offered in place of the warmed nuts during the pre-meal drink service. Breakfast flights will not have amuse bouche.
Old Jun 4, 18, 9:21 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA ExPlat, BAEC Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Starriott Gold, GE
Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd View Post
Amuse bouche will not be served during boarding like before, but instead will be offered in place of the warmed nuts during the pre-meal drink service. Breakfast flights will not have amuse bouche.
Yes indeed, but CX ISD is being their disorganized self again as none of these flights serve breakfast after take off.
Old Jun 4, 18, 9:38 pm

Yes indeed, but CX ISD is being their disorganized self again as none of these flights serve breakfast after take off.
hahahaha...most likely it's in preparation for when all long haul flights will have amuse bouche
Old Jun 5, 18, 1:30 am

Programs: MPC-Gold, Enrich-Plat
Originally Posted by SW7London View Post
You do have to wonder what exactly they will "trial" .....
Customer appreciation & satisfaction ?
Old Jun 5, 18, 5:55 pm

Programs: CX - DM; SQ - PPS, Hilton - Diamond, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Gold
I will have CX840 to JFK towards end of this month. Will see what is this all about, thanks for the heads up!
Old Jun 5, 18, 6:53 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
My first reaction to the Krug 2004 was very cynical. Compared to 2002 - a legendary vintage, and one I'm certain won't appear on CX - my main Champagne seller has unlimited quantities of 2004 to push, and has pushed it hard. I also see it all over wine shops in town. Further, there would be virtually zero marginal marketing value to offering the (superb) 2002 vs the heavily-marketed but pretty "normal" 2004, because the bloggers and folks posting Youtube videos are clueless to the distinction. I imagine the 2004 was scored at a great deal. But then, I settle back on I shouldn't be so cynical because it's definitely a nice improvement and a lovely contrast to the NV. I have to catch myself.

I do just wish they'd stop this "trial" nonsense and roll out a major improvement to F&B. Their competitors are clocking them.

To continue my first paragraph's cynicism, I'm so skeptical of CX F&B these days. When I saw this (informative) thread, my first instinct was "okay, well what's the offsetting cuts?" Years ago, I wouldn't have thought this.

Agree with other posters here and elsewhere that CX F is still a great comfy way to get from A to B. But without a doubt in my mind the soft product (F&B, and now service) has cratered in the last 5+ years, accelerating drastically in the last 2. Staff seem really disgruntled accounting for the last 2 years of worse service (mostly due to weird / off / indifferent service, and willingness to chat in galleys. The US-based crews are grossly to blame for the least-professional flights I've had) and it's a shame.

Last edited by QRC3288; Jun 6, 18 at 2:38 am Reason: mixed up my vintages
Old Jun 6, 18, 2:28 am

aah another "CX is a thrash pathetic airline but we keep flying them thread".....
Old Jun 6, 18, 3:00 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Kachjc View Post
aah another "CX is a thrash pathetic airline but we keep flying them thread".....
Not really. Many of us have voted with our feet, and are looking back less and less.
Old Jun 6, 18, 8:16 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: GFF Plat, CX DM, SQ PPS, SPG Plat
Not really. Many of us have voted with our feet, and are looking back less and less.
I think so. More true for LH flights where there are more options
Old Jun 6, 18, 11:25 pm

Programs: MPC-Gold, Enrich-Plat
Just let us be honest: CX did have to do something to avoid going broke. And not only a little bit, though substantial.

And it blew quite a few no-go's with that. They'll learn, though the problem is, these things do have super long lead-times, with contracts for many, many years.

And not only at the passenger side, also on the staff side, with all the golden contracts, etc.