FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cathay Pacific | Cathay (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay-487/)
-   -   Limited reintroduction of amuse bouche / champagne updates for FCL (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay/1912601-limited-reintroduction-amuse-bouche-champagne-updates-fcl.html)

G-CIVC Jun 4, 2018 9:38 am

Limited reintroduction of amuse bouche / champagne updates for FCL

- Amuse bouche will be offered again beginning mid June for a trial period of 3 months. This is limited to ex-HKG to ORD, BOS and JFK only

- Vintage champagne rotation will be network-wide by this month

- Krug 2004 will also be featured on all routes starting this month (not sure if this implies its on top of the vintage rotation, but yeah)

PedroNY Jun 4, 2018 1:45 pm

Excellent news, thank you for posting!

Cheers,

PedroNY

SW7London Jun 4, 2018 2:21 pm

You do have to wonder what exactly they will "trial"

They know what to do, how to do it, and presumably the costs.

Either introduce it, or not. Don't faff about with a "trial" !

FlyPointyEnd Jun 4, 2018 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by SW7London (Post 29828458)
You do have to wonder what exactly they will "trial"

They know what to do, how to do it, and presumably the costs.

Either introduce it, or not. Don't faff about with a "trial" !

different serving time...

FlyPointyEnd Jun 4, 2018 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by G-CIVC (Post 29827234)
- Amuse bouche will be offered again beginning mid June for a trial period of 3 months. This is limited to ex-HKG to ORD, BOS and JFK only

Amuse bouche will not be served during boarding like before, but instead will be offered in place of the warmed nuts during the pre-meal drink service. Breakfast flights will not have amuse bouche.

G-CIVC Jun 4, 2018 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd (Post 29829600)
Amuse bouche will not be served during boarding like before, but instead will be offered in place of the warmed nuts during the pre-meal drink service. Breakfast flights will not have amuse bouche.

Yes indeed, but CX ISD is being their disorganized self again as none of these flights serve breakfast after take off.

FlyPointyEnd Jun 4, 2018 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by G-CIVC (Post 29829752)
Yes indeed, but CX ISD is being their disorganized self again as none of these flights serve breakfast after take off.

hahahaha...most likely it's in preparation for when all long haul flights will have amuse bouche

Cambo Jun 5, 2018 1:30 am

Originally Posted by SW7London (Post 29828458)
You do have to wonder what exactly they will "trial" .....

Customer appreciation & satisfaction ?

HKGglobaltrotter Jun 5, 2018 5:55 pm

I will have CX840 to JFK towards end of this month. Will see what is this all about, thanks for the heads up!

QRC3288 Jun 5, 2018 6:53 pm

My first reaction to the Krug 2004 was very cynical. Compared to 2002 - a legendary vintage, and one I'm certain won't appear on CX - my main Champagne seller has unlimited quantities of 2004 to push, and has pushed it hard. I also see it all over wine shops in town. Further, there would be virtually zero marginal marketing value to offering the (superb) 2002 vs the heavily-marketed but pretty "normal" 2004, because the bloggers and folks posting Youtube videos are clueless to the distinction. I imagine the 2004 was scored at a great deal. But then, I settle back on I shouldn't be so cynical because it's definitely a nice improvement and a lovely contrast to the NV. I have to catch myself.

I do just wish they'd stop this "trial" nonsense and roll out a major improvement to F&B. Their competitors are clocking them.

To continue my first paragraph's cynicism, I'm so skeptical of CX F&B these days. When I saw this (informative) thread, my first instinct was "okay, well what's the offsetting cuts?" Years ago, I wouldn't have thought this.

Agree with other posters here and elsewhere that CX F is still a great comfy way to get from A to B. But without a doubt in my mind the soft product (F&B, and now service) has cratered in the last 5+ years, accelerating drastically in the last 2. Staff seem really disgruntled accounting for the last 2 years of worse service (mostly due to weird / off / indifferent service, and willingness to chat in galleys. The US-based crews are grossly to blame for the least-professional flights I've had) and it's a shame.

Kachjc Jun 6, 2018 2:28 am

aah another "CX is a thrash pathetic airline but we keep flying them thread".....

G-CIVC Jun 6, 2018 3:00 am

Originally Posted by Kachjc (Post 29834497)
aah another "CX is a thrash pathetic airline but we keep flying them thread".....

Not really. Many of us have voted with our feet, and are looking back less and less.

HaikalS Jun 6, 2018 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by G-CIVC (Post 29834567)
Not really. Many of us have voted with our feet, and are looking back less and less.

I think so. More true for LH flights where there are more options

Cambo Jun 6, 2018 11:25 pm

Just let us be honest: CX did have to do something to avoid going broke. And not only a little bit, though substantial.

And it blew quite a few no-go's with that. They'll learn, though the problem is, these things do have super long lead-times, with contracts for many, many years.

And not only at the passenger side, also on the staff side, with all the golden contracts, etc.