Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Asia Miles Changes effective 22 June 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 24, 2018, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: percysmith
New links:
New redemption engine: https://www.asiamiles.com/en/redeem-awards/flight-awards/facade.html
(alternatively https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/book-a-trip/redeem-flights/facade.html for MPO members)
New redemption charts (CX and KA only): https://www.asiamiles.com/en/redeem-awards/flight-awards/flight-award-chart.html
New partner redemption mileage requirement: https://www.asiamiles.com/en/afr.html

Asia Miles changes microsite:
https://www.asiamiles.com/change/

New Terms and Conditions:
https://www.asiamiles.com/change/en/updatedterms.html
Print Wikipost

Asia Miles Changes effective 22 June 2018

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2019, 12:55 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau
Original Poster

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by G-CIVC
Captive-whipping is more like loyalty-whipping

Case in point

A prime regional port to HK 2Z available on Avios (as unicorn as it seems) --> only tailored (130k) available through AM, not Standard or choice
Agent quoted the same allocation BS

What is this new (ab)normal......
Similar with Avios and QF FF SYD-HKG third week of December.

Last edited by percysmith; Feb 5, 2019 at 12:22 am
Old Feb 4, 2019, 10:50 pm

Programs: Eternal Search for LT Club
Earlier today I ran into a version of this exact issue being discussed here, to me this is like an inverse married segment logic.

Here is the discrepancy I found - DEL - HKG - BKK was priced at 10k/pp in Y using the mile estimator and confirmed after login in standard Y award was indicated to be 10k AM as well. But there are no flights at that price, Multi carrier flights were priced at 25k and all CX metal of CX/KA combo were priced at 22k AM. Standard award for each segment is available and priced at 10k and those exact flights when married are priced at 22k AM.

Anyone with insight if phone agent would be able to book it as stated online on the website or should I not even waste time trying.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 12:21 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau
Original Poster

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
It's a zone c award so 22k sounds right.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 6:24 am

Interesting or did I missed something?
I just talked to a CS for redeem a ticket(this ticket is funny enough, I'll update you guys later), once itinerary confirmed CS asked me to wait other colleagues to call back for credit card information.

Wait, hang on, I double confirm with the CS did my redeem is confirmed, she said yes but needs other guys call back for payment information. I asked did policy changed, she said started from Jan 28, all phone in redeem booking must wait call back for payment info.

And the most strangest point is CS cannot grantee call back time frame, maybe tomorrow, or "the day(s) after tomorrow"

I logged to CX/AM MMB page, I saw the ticket but with "Confirmed but tickets have not been issued"

CX/AM, is it a joke? You assigned some one to pick up a call, but unable to confirmed the ticket at once and spending extra manpower to call back just for payment info.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 2:38 pm

Programs: Eternal Search for LT Club
Originally Posted by percysmith
It's a zone c award so 22k sounds right.
Thats what I was thinking as well. But this is in direct contradiction to what is stated by AM https://www.asiamiles.com/en/afr.html and after login-in and trying to book an award ticket from DEL - BKK, standard award comeup as 10k AM but that 10k award does not exist ??
Old Feb 6, 2019, 2:01 am

After waited around 13hrs, AM did call back and asked the credit card info., and my redeem ticket finally confirmed.

My journey is HKG - ZRH, direct flight returned zero availability, and I move on transit route. For outbound route, CX/AM site can let me redeem HKG - MAD - ZRH instantly without any problem.

But when I trying to search inbound route, CX/AM site said ZRH - MAD - HKG flight is full

But if I trying to search it sector by sector, it's able to redeem.

I only able to redeem it thru hotline (although my final plan changed to stop over at MAD, but I confirmed with CS I can able to redeem 26/Nov IB3475 + CX320).
If you looking some transit route but CX/AM web site said your flight is full, don't give up and try search it sector by sector, especially EU route.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 2:24 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by rickywk
Interesting or did I missed something?
I just talked to a CS for redeem a ticket(this ticket is funny enough, I'll update you guys later), once itinerary confirmed CS asked me to wait other colleagues to call back for credit card information.

Wait, hang on, I double confirm with the CS did my redeem is confirmed, she said yes but needs other guys call back for payment information. I asked did policy changed, she said started from Jan 28, all phone in redeem booking must wait call back for payment info.

And the most strangest point is CS cannot grantee call back time frame, maybe tomorrow, or "the day(s) after tomorrow"

I logged to CX/AM MMB page, I saw the ticket but with "Confirmed but tickets have not been issued"

CX/AM, is it a joke? You assigned some one to pick up a call, but unable to confirmed the ticket at once and spending extra manpower to call back just for payment info.
Does the ticket get issued immediately after the call from the 2nd agent? I've been wondering this - there is sometimes a couple of days of delay from reservation creation to ticketing. Taxes may change in the mean time, so in some cases people may get charged more because of delayed ticketing. If the call back can coincide with ticket issuance, this makes more sense, as the tax amount will be confirmed then. This also might seem to be a way to delay ticketing / extend ticket deadline (if someone doesn't take the call?)
Old Feb 6, 2019, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by ernestnywang
Does the ticket get issued immediately after the call from the 2nd agent? I've been wondering this - there is sometimes a couple of days of delay from reservation creation to ticketing. Taxes may change in the mean time, so in some cases people may get charged more because of delayed ticketing. If the call back can coincide with ticket issuance, this makes more sense, as the tax amount will be confirmed then. This also might seem to be a way to delay ticketing / extend ticket deadline (if someone doesn't take the call?)
Yes, they issued my ticket near immediately after 2nd call.
I also thinking if I missed 2nd call, how CX/AM will handle it. Draft a SMS/Email requires member call in before short deadline? Then why not issued ticket at first call?
Old Feb 6, 2019, 11:52 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, CX MPO DM
Had a somewhat different experience with redemption booking (it was a waitlist which became confirmed). Was transferred to a ticketing agent who took down my card details (she already knew the amount, presumably the first agent told her). Received the e-ticket via email within 15 minutes.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 1:43 pm

Then why not issued ticket at first call?
Because MPO agents (outsourced) may not always have the capability to calculate taxes and enter bag allowance info correctly.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by ernestnywang
Because MPO agents (outsourced) may not always have the capability to calculate taxes and enter bag allowance info correctly.
No, first CS did calculated taxes correctly.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 11:33 am

No, first CS did calculated taxes correctly.
I mean they are supposed to, but I guess a benefit of someone from the ticketing desk calling is that they would be more adapt at calculating taxes correctly (especially for oneworld multi-carrier awards) and fuel surcharge may change from one day to another (and potentially some other taxes too) so it is best to re-calculate everything.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 12:10 pm

Programs: CX AY DL
Has anyone successfully redeemed a Finnair "operated by Norra" flight? CS tells me AY redemptions must be "marketed and operated by Finnair". But really most AY intra-EU flights are operated by Norra...
Old Feb 8, 2019, 8:09 pm

Programs: CX DM (OWE), Accor Gold
Originally Posted by fishball
Has anyone successfully redeemed a Finnair "operated by Norra" flight? CS tells me AY redemptions must be "marketed and operated by Finnair". But really most AY intra-EU flights are operated by Norra...
Yes, I did redeem HKG-HEL-TLL before. The later one was operated by Norra on AY flight number
windchaser777 likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by wyskevin
Yes, I did redeem HKG-HEL-TLL before. The later one was operated by Norra on AY flight number
But I cannot search it at avios redeem page now

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.