Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Asia Miles Changes effective 22 June 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 24, 2018, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: percysmith
New links:
New redemption engine: https://www.asiamiles.com/en/redeem-awards/flight-awards/facade.html
(alternatively https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/book-a-trip/redeem-flights/facade.html for MPO members)
New redemption charts (CX and KA only): https://www.asiamiles.com/en/redeem-awards/flight-awards/flight-award-chart.html
New partner redemption mileage requirement: https://www.asiamiles.com/en/afr.html

Asia Miles changes microsite:
https://www.asiamiles.com/change/

New Terms and Conditions:
https://www.asiamiles.com/change/en/updatedterms.html
Print Wikipost

Asia Miles Changes effective 22 June 2018

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2018, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by clubeurope
I do apologise, but I have a few questions in an effort to overcome all this

Availability online is apparently available for LHR-HKG-CGK at 125,000 miles. Would it work if I book that, and call the next day after it being issued, to have it rerouted to TPE instead of flying to CGK (given how standard awards are available for HKG-TPE)? Will I be able to keep the seats on LHR-HKG? And if so, can I expect to get a refund of the different in miles (25,000 miles)? Of course, all this assuming that I pay the $100 re-issue fee...

Thank you in advance, and I appreciate all your help!!
Why not just redeem LHR-HKG online if it's available? Then you can redeem a simple HKG-TPE afterwards.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 6:16 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by focusonskills
Why not just redeem LHR-HKG online if it's available? Then you can redeem a simple HKG-TPE afterwards.
It's no longer available at standard pricing apparently, and I'm trying to keep it at 100,000 miles, with LHR-HKG and a "free" tag-on to TPE.

Booking LHR-HKG online would cost 150,000 and an additional 25,000 for the TPE leg. Nearly twice the price for a set of flights that are supposedly available at 100,000 miles.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 6:16 am

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Before I attempt to use the horrible Asia Miles interface to search myself, does anyone who have already looked know if there are any F seats available to Europe at any date next summer?
Old Sep 6, 2018, 8:24 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau
Original Poster

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
apparently not (at least at the standard rates), to which I was surprised...

she was insistent that only Choice awards are available.

I might try to call them back to see if she made a mistake.
Check online again and then HUACA again
Old Sep 6, 2018, 8:32 am

Programs: CX Diamond / SQ Gold / Bonvoy Platinum / Hyatt Globalist / Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Kilian Zoll
Before I attempt to use the horrible Asia Miles interface to search myself, does anyone who have already looked know if there are any F seats available to Europe at any date next summer?
Several weeks ago, I saw wide availability for MXP in the first two weeks of August 2019. I didn't check LHR/CDG/FRA though.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by percysmith

Check online again and then HUACA again
Thanks @percysmith! I'll do that ASAP.

In case that doesn't work, do you suppose the rerouting option is something that is doable?

Old Sep 6, 2018, 6:00 pm
Original Poster

Availability online is apparently available for LHR-HKG-CGK at 125,000 miles. Would it work if I book that, and call the next day after it being issued, to have it rerouted to TPE instead of flying to CGK (given how standard awards are available for HKG-TPE)? Will I be able to keep the seats on LHR-HKG? And if so, can I expect to get a refund of the different in miles (25,000 miles)? Of course, all this assuming that I pay the $100 re-issue fee...
I'm not sure you'd get the seats on reissue if you cannot get the seats on first issue.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 11:46 pm

I'm not sure you'd get the seats on reissue if you cannot get the seats on first issue.
thanks PercySmith!
Old Sep 7, 2018, 1:16 am

Programs: MPC-DM, Enrich-Plat
Was the phone agent able to see availability sector-by-sector though?
Sorry, I only did do this online and it showed me options. When I try again now, it insists to go to the dreaded request form.
clubeurope likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 4:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cambo
Sorry, I only did do this online and it showed me options. When I try again now, it insists to go to the dreaded request form.
Availability probably gone? It's Friday, Patricia likes withdrawing seats over the weekend. Wait til Tuesday.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 8:51 am

Programs: MPC-DM, Enrich-Plat
Availability probably gone? It's Friday, Patricia likes withdrawing seats over the weekend. Wait til Tuesday.
Probably, I checked for CE, not for myself

You seem to have internal CX knowledge, including the most popular girl in the company. That's good news.

Withdrawing availability might be to avoid costly mistakes with "special offers".
Old Sep 7, 2018, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cambo
Withdrawing availability might be to avoid costly mistakes with "special offers".
No, just Hongkie trying to flog more cash fares.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 5:38 am

Checking flights sin-jfk and usa area for nezt july/August and very limited availability or zero for outbound but its 10 months away! Would the availability be better?
Old Oct 15, 2018, 11:27 pm

Programs: QR Gold, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, GHA Titanium, Taj Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by tboons
Checking flights sin-jfk and usa area for nezt july/August and very limited availability or zero for outbound but its 10 months away! Would the availability be better?
I doubt availability will get any better considering July & August are peak travel months. At least based on my multiple experiences booking QR in J for the same route and timings as what you're looking for, availability is scare already in Oct & Nov and pretty much disappears from Dec. I make my bookings in Oct to make sure I get something, but I still need to be quite flexible with my dates.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 10:45 pm

Does anyone know if I can issue a ticket using my spouse's miles? I have a ticket on hold under my AM account and am ready to issue soon, but would like to use my spouse's miles to issue it instead. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.