Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Asia Miles Changes effective 22 June 2018

Old May 24, 2018, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: percysmith
New links:
New redemption engine: https://www.asiamiles.com/en/redeem-awards/flight-awards/facade.html
(alternatively https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/book-a-trip/redeem-flights/facade.html for MPO members)
New redemption charts (CX and KA only): https://www.asiamiles.com/en/redeem-awards/flight-awards/flight-award-chart.html
New partner redemption mileage requirement: https://www.asiamiles.com/en/afr.html

Asia Miles changes microsite:
https://www.asiamiles.com/change/

New Terms and Conditions:
https://www.asiamiles.com/change/en/updatedterms.html
Print Wikipost

Asia Miles Changes effective 22 June 2018

Old Jul 30, 2018, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by xiux
the married segment is driving me mad.

in asiamiles, i can see 2 F zrh-hkg.
in BA, when I search zrh-hkg is not available, but if i search zrh-tpe, it will return zrh-hkg-tpe with the 2 available F seats!

I believe this is how asiamiles is doing now so they can claim the 20% more seats for their own members, by doing so they are eliminating the partners like alaska/airchina's redemption, since they can only get to hkg, and that direct to hkg is not visible in the system.
couldn't you price it as two awards? zrh-hkg and hkg-tpe
Old Jul 30, 2018, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by yerffej201
couldn't you price it as two awards? zrh-hkg and hkg-tpe
with ba? I can't, the system can't see any zrh-hkg flight.

I need redeem the flight with partner (alaska or airchina), but their redemption rule ex-europe with CX is only to hkg, they can't even search the married segment, that's the problem.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 6:52 pm

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
ah by eliminating partners, they get more for their own members. 20% increase...
how clever...
Old Jul 30, 2018, 7:08 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Asia Miles Air China
Last week I enquired on availability to redeem AA miles for a flight in business class from HKG to UK/Europe in early October, with LGW being my preference. Did not expect anything and was not disappointed. Agent told me that CX awards had noticeably dried up.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 7:14 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau
Original Poster

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
HKG-SYD J still looks very grotty

Originally Posted by rickywk
HKG SYD, 2 J Seats:

SYD HKG, 2 J Seats:
Mine looks worse than yours

Old Jul 30, 2018, 7:16 pm

Programs: MP, BR
Originally Posted by ermen
I am finding that CX is releasing Economy Standards awards O&D between HKG - South East Asian destinations close in (like 3-4 days in), if there is Q class availability.

Doesn't help if you need to plan far ahead... but at least managed to snag some for 10k miles
Yup. Just snagged 2 10K redemption for HKG-OKA next week. Was surprised that it's available.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 7:25 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau
Original Poster

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
PE slightly better, this will be my bread and butter redemption from now

Old Jul 30, 2018, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sxc

The thing is - married segment redemptions are probably going to favour partner programs as most of those people will be originating from outside of HK.

I still cant believe that Asia Miles would be limiting so much availability to married segments and removing so much ex-HKG availability. Maybe this is the way they have been able to declare 20% increase in availability. But I still feel theres some system problem, but it shouldnt take this long to sort out.
Actually it is NOT true - because neither BA nor AS can booked married segments. If you have kept up with the thread, you will notice most cases BA could not book it, nor AS in particular for EU-HKG routes because AS chart between EU and HKG only. Go beyond or originate elsewhere, not only requires 2 awards but also need them to be bookable PER SEGMENT.

As you said, a system glitch should not last this long. It is over a month now, nothing seems to have improve much. Even the blogger who claimed he had reached out to CX, had not written any follow up. That the initial "reach out" claim was like 2 weeks ago.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by percysmith
Mine looks worse than yours

Wow, is it related to QF changed aircraft from A330 to B789, overall route capacity reduced so CX locked awards seats?
Old Jul 30, 2018, 8:15 pm

Programs: CX, BA
Originally Posted by rickywk
Wow, is it related to QF changed aircraft from A330 to B789, overall route capacity reduced so CX locked awards seats?
No. The capacity has increased, there is a new VA daily flight between HKG and SYD.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 11:13 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Happy
Actually it is NOT true - because neither BA nor AS can booked married segments. If you have kept up with the thread, you will notice most cases BA could not book it, nor AS in particular for EU-HKG routes because AS chart between EU and HKG only. Go beyond or originate elsewhere, not only requires 2 awards but also need them to be bookable PER SEGMENT.

As you said, a system glitch should not last this long. It is over a month now, nothing seems to have improve much. Even the blogger who claimed he had reached out to CX, had not written any follow up. That the initial "reach out" claim was like 2 weeks ago.
Not sure what not bookable means. When I search using BA I can see lots of TPE-HKG-BKK but no HKG-BKK alone. I can get to the payment page. You are saying my payment will fail?
Old Jul 31, 2018, 1:11 am

Originally Posted by sxc

Not sure what not bookable means. When I search using BA I can see lots of TPE-HKG-BKK but no HKG-BKK alone. I can get to the payment page. You are saying my payment will fail?
exactly. married segments on CX is searchable and bookable on BAEC (and QF). its probably a common backend system that both programs tap into. on BA though, price is more expensive (qf depends but can be same price). i havent found a way to get them to drop the married segment
Old Jul 31, 2018, 1:12 am

Originally Posted by sxc

exactly. married segments on CX is searchable and bookable on BAEC (and QF). its probably a common backend system that both programs tap into. on BA though, price is more expensive (qf depends but can be same price). i havent found a way to get them to drop the married segment
Old Jul 31, 2018, 2:59 am

Originally Posted by sxc

Not sure what “not bookable” means. When I search using BA I can see lots of TPE-HKG-BKK but no HKG-BKK alone. I can get to the payment page. You are saying my payment will fail?
That's exactly the problem, what if I only need the HKG-BKK part, or TPE-HKG part?
Old Jul 31, 2018, 3:19 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by xiux
That's exactly the problem, what if I only need the HKG-BKK part, or TPE-HKG part?
And just to be clear, this problem is affecting Asia Miles users as well - not just an Avios problem.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.