Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Asia Miles Changes effective 22 June 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 24, 2018, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: percysmith
New links:
New redemption engine: https://www.asiamiles.com/en/redeem-awards/flight-awards/facade.html
(alternatively https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/book-a-trip/redeem-flights/facade.html for MPO members)
New redemption charts (CX and KA only): https://www.asiamiles.com/en/redeem-awards/flight-awards/flight-award-chart.html
New partner redemption mileage requirement: https://www.asiamiles.com/en/afr.html

Asia Miles changes microsite:
https://www.asiamiles.com/change/

New Terms and Conditions:
https://www.asiamiles.com/change/en/updatedterms.html
Print Wikipost

Asia Miles Changes effective 22 June 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2018, 7:19 pm

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Waitlist also has been disabled at the moment? can't seem to waitlist for any flights
percysmith and Iceprincess88 like this.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 7:46 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau
Original Poster

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by ermen
Waitlist also has been disabled at the moment? can't seem to waitlist for any flights
Yes confirmed

Edit 11:19: New message
Due to system maintenance, the flight award waitlist function is temporarily suspended for both online booking engine and Asia Miles Service hotline from 20 to 22 June 2018.

Last edited by percysmith; Jun 19, 2018 at 9:19 pm
Old Jun 20, 2018, 10:19 am
Suspended

Programs: dont care anymore
Originally Posted by percysmith

Yes confirmed

Edit 11:19: New message
Due to system maintenance, the flight award waitlist function is temporarily suspended for both online booking engine and Asia Miles Service hotline from 20 to 22 June 2018.

guess all secrets to be revealed soon and whether J space for long haul gets put back into the system and all WL gets cleared off when they put the space back and also find out whether partners get limited flights to redeem.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 11:33 am

deleted

Last edited by IncyWincy; Jun 20, 2018 at 12:01 pm
Old Jun 20, 2018, 5:40 pm

is there going to be a non-cx one oneworld airline chart???
Old Jun 20, 2018, 10:57 pm

Programs: CX Diamond / SQ Gold / Bonvoy Platinum / Hyatt Globalist / Hilton Gold
I'm actually surprised CX have released quite good longhaul F inventory despite the planned change on 22 June.

I thought they were going to drastically reduce the inventory before 22 June, and then release the availability after 22 June when it costs more to redeem.

I just redeemed 6 long haul F (LHR and JFK) and some HND. Was able to get flights over Easter / New Year's Eve.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 4:28 am

Programs: CX - DM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Titanium
https://www.asiamiles.com/change/en/redeem-changes.html

I was on this page to check out the new redemption award chart. Scrolled down to the bottom and there they actually gave a few examples on partner award changes. Did anyone notice?

I gathered that only if you fly economy on shorthaul (example given on the page was with Bangkok Airways HKG to USM), the change on partner award which will be announced properly tomorrow will be mostly negative. I.e. if redeem roundtrip longhaul on partner airlines one will need more miles. This mirrors the change on CX own metal.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 5:05 am

Programs: CX DM (OWE), TK Elite (*A Gold)
Can anyone confirm the new J return redeption from HKG-AKL? I recently redeemed 2x of such tickets. The calculator on their website does not seem to be working. If the price is lower, whats my chance of re-issusing to obtain the lower price?
Old Jun 21, 2018, 7:41 am

Programs: CX - DM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Titanium
Originally Posted by beach86
Can anyone confirm the new J return redeption from HKG-AKL? I recently redeemed 2x of such tickets. The calculator on their website does not seem to be working. If the price is lower, whats my chance of re-issusing to obtain the lower price?
From 22 June, for a roundtrip HKG-AKL in J you will need 130,000 miles (instead of 120,000). You're actually better off.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 9:39 am

This program is killing me right now. Online it said 85k per person to book a one way MIA-DOH-JNB on QR. So i transferred in 170k from Citi with the bonus. Go online, get the "you don't have enough miles". Call and agent says its actually 110k per person. Transfer more miles, award is still there, try to book, says "a payment is already processing, please wait for the confirmation e-mail or call the service center". Of course, the service center goes straight to voicemail and the availability for the preferred date.

Taking it with a grain of salt, but the agent on the phone did tell me there are no changes to the single carrier partner awards, so I'm hoping I can book at 110k each later today or tomorrow.

On another note, to the extent this does not work, does anyone know if I can redeem CX F for something like JFK-HKG-JNB. Would that be 125k per person under the new chart and can I have a stopover in HKG?
Old Jun 21, 2018, 6:17 pm
Suspended

interesting. looking at CX flights using avios via BA and just a few minutes ago all the space i was seeing was gone on CX. wonder if that means things are being put online?

perhaps just temporary.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 6:23 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Yes I would say things are going online now. Asiamiles site is down.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by sxc
Yes I would say things are going online now. Asiamiles site is down.
we need to have more patience towards AM
although it said 8am, the website is still not functioning
Old Jun 21, 2018, 6:50 pm
Suspended

Patience for a multi million dollar company? um. this is not me putting up my first ecom site.
kaka likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 6:53 pm
Suspended

maybe not yet

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.