FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cathay Pacific | Cathay (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay-487/)
-   -   Cathay or Eva? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay/1910351-cathay-eva.html)

icemaker May 21, 2018 1:03 pm

I'd go with EVA.

fakecd May 21, 2018 2:51 pm

have you considered JAL if economy? their product is superb down back and you can break your flight midway.

demographic - without being anyway discriminatory, nor pointed hint, i would think CX plane may fill a lot more mainland chinese clientale than EVA due to immigration requirements and EVA fills more taiwanese ppl, i guess?

ricktoronto May 21, 2018 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by kaka (Post 29775920)
Just pick whatever that suits your schedule better, transit at Taiwan probably be slightly better because of a smaller airport

Transit is hardly an issue at HKG.

kaka May 21, 2018 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by fakecd (Post 29778932)
have you considered JAL if economy? their product is superb down back and you can break your flight midway.

demographic - without being anyway discriminatory, nor pointed hint, i would think CX plane may fill a lot more mainland chinese clientale than EVA due to immigration requirements and EVA fills more taiwanese ppl, i guess?

i agree with you.

​​​​​​​that said, the incident that i spoke of was from one of them too

kaka May 21, 2018 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by ricktoronto (Post 29779618)
Transit is hardly an issue at HKG.

less walk vs more walk.
i had to make a reason for transiting in tw, the better country.

kaka May 21, 2018 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by PacificSunrise (Post 29777559)
what's with all the unfair CX bashing in this thread...

thats cuz w the clientele cx is downgrading itself?

and to limit lounge crowding, perhaps?

Aus106080 May 21, 2018 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by kaka (Post 29779626)

thats cuz w the clientele cx is downgrading itself?

but 200CAD difference.
downgrade the service for lower ticket price.

Aus106080 May 21, 2018 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by kaka (Post 29779625)

less walk vs more walk.
i had to make a reason for transiting in tw, the better country.

hk airport is better for shopping

baroqen May 21, 2018 10:00 pm

You can't go wrong with either one, quite frankly. In economy, it will pretty much be the same. Both airports have their positives and negatives. If you have Priority Pass, you have access to a number of pretty solid lounges in HKG.

For that price difference in Economy, just go with the cheapest.

kaka May 22, 2018 2:36 am

Originally Posted by Aus106080 (Post 29779808)
hk airport is better for shopping

is this of a fters interest?

Rain187 May 29, 2018 9:33 pm

Transit in HK is fast and efficient.

Tried a few times transit in hk, from the point I left the aircraft, thru security (usually you can finish in less than 5mins) and to the new gate, just took me 15-20 mins. Now i get it why CX sell their tickets with only 55mins transition time in HK.

HK airport has so many transit point not like TPE which only have one and not open all times (you have to ask the official)

fallinasleep May 29, 2018 10:11 pm

CAD200 is probably a difference of 20-25%. Not worth paying extra to fly BR in Y (in J, perhaps). I would probably pick CX over BR in Y even if CX cost more (unless it's CX865 which departs at 2am).

CX also flies the A350 from YVR to HKG 3x/week (CX855); otherwise it is the 77W. From HKG to SIN, equipment often changes, so there is a risk you will be flying a regional 777 instead of the A350.

kaka May 29, 2018 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by Rain187 (Post 29807561)

Tried a few times transit in hk, from the point I left the aircraft, thru security (usually you can finish in less than 5mins) and to the new gate, just took me 15-20 mins. Now i get it why CX sell their tickets with only 55mins transition time in HK.

HK airport has so many transit point not like TPE which only have one and not open all times (you have to ask the official)

u can perfectly buy a 55 transit ticket, but if you get one of these delays, you’d be stuck.

Rain187 May 30, 2018 1:02 am

Originally Posted by Rain187 (Post 29807561)

Originally Posted by kaka (Post 29807835)

u can perfectly buy a 55 transit ticket, but if you get one of these delays, you’d be stuck.

Agree with you, but I am just saying HK transfer is efficient as compared to the airport (TPE) mention in this thread.
Tried BKK and ICN transit before too, efficient but they have less transit point, not as convenient as HKG.

clubeurope May 30, 2018 4:44 am

Originally Posted by PacificSunrise (Post 29777559)
what's with all the unfair CX bashing in this thread...

this is the CX forum... thus the normal bashing :p

for examples: *see below*