Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A350-1000 - General Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2018, 4:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Has anyone flown 35J yet? (CX's A350-1000)

Looks like it's coming up on 10x commercial flights so far, all to either TPE or BKK.

Anyone flown it yet?
Old Jul 3, 2018, 4:28 am

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
I did the First Rev flight last July 1 to TPE. Although the window seats on the last row 23A/K have a nice view of the wing and engine...service tends to be very slow.

On the outbound flight I received my entree ahead since the ISM was helping deliver the meals to DMs on the K side, however I ended up waiting for the cart because the drinks are with the FP and she wasn't even half way down the long aisle. by the time she reached me, the captain has already announced the start of descent.

On the inbound flight although they took my meal preference but I had to wait for it with the drinks, I got mine almost 30 minutes before landing.

I think on short flights the SP could do the menu card distribution on the ground, at 46 pax, assuming if it takes 30 seconds to intro and present the menu, thats still 23 minutes.

J will now have 5 crew, SP, 2 FPs and 2 BCs but on short flights like TPE at 1hr 15min, I think they really need more hands.
fakecd and QRC3288 like this.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 4:55 am

Originally Posted by SLGO

So all the A330 will get the HEACO seats? No more fixed shell seat across the board?
AFAIK NO
only the mid haul A330's
the ones with the J cabin

for regional flights customers seem to prefer lower pitch, narrower seats etc so CX has no need to upgrade ( except the 777 Which will be going 3-4-3)
Old Jul 3, 2018, 8:43 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
Originally Posted by Kachjc
AFAIK NO
only the mid haul A330's
the ones with the J cabin

for regional flights customers seem to prefer lower pitch, narrower seats etc so CX has no need to upgrade ( except the 777 Which will be going 3-4-3)
Sorry, but currently 33E (or all cradle seats on 330 if that matters) has seat pitch and width of 32" and 18.2", while 351 / 35G has 32" and 18". So what do you mean "less pitch and narrower seats for regional" if after "upgrading" the 33E these mid haul 330 will have same pitch and less seat width than the regional 330?

Last edited by sscywong; Jul 3, 2018 at 8:44 am Reason: Typo
Old Jul 3, 2018, 9:08 am

Programs: CX, BA
Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
I did the First Rev flight last July 1 to TPE. Although the window seats on the last row 23A/K have a nice view of the wing and engine...service tends to be very slow.

On the outbound flight I received my entree ahead since the ISM was helping deliver the meals to DMs on the K side, however I ended up waiting for the cart because the drinks are with the FP and she wasn't even half way down the long aisle. by the time she reached me, the captain has already announced the start of descent.

On the inbound flight although they took my meal preference but I had to wait for it with the drinks, I got mine almost 30 minutes before landing.

I think on short flights the SP could do the menu card distribution on the ground, at 46 pax, assuming if it takes 30 seconds to intro and present the menu, thats still 23 minutes.

J will now have 5 crew, SP, 2 FPs and 2 BCs but on short flights like TPE at 1hr 15min, I think they really need more hands.
I believe the situation is even worse for 77H with Full J cabin (53pax). FA often complains how rush the J service has to be on 77H between HKG-TPE.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 9:30 am
Original Poster

I did the First Rev flight last July 1 to TPE...
pretty sure you're the first to report back! thanks
Old Jul 3, 2018, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by marcommm
I believe the situation is even worse for 77H with Full J cabin (53pax). FA often complains how rush the J service has to be on 77H between HKG-TPE.
I guess I always pick 11 or 12 so I'm not fairly sure how long it take to finish all the rows. Unfortunately I booked quite late and 23K was the only seat available on the outbound sector.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by QRC3288
pretty sure you're the first to report back! thanks
None much was done to improve the work space for the crew hence I am not certain how they intend to implement the new dining concept on the 35G and 35J.

Although I must say the seats seem to be better made now. There were no sharp or unfinished edges around the seat

Last edited by FlyPointyEnd; Jul 3, 2018 at 7:46 pm
Old Jul 6, 2018, 3:50 pm

Programs: BA
Can someone confirm whether there are any overhead storage bins for the middle section of the very last few rows in Y?
Old Jul 7, 2018, 3:17 am

Originally Posted by sin3386
Can someone confirm whether there are any overhead storage bins for the middle section of the very last few rows in Y?
the crew rest is still located there. Most likely they won’t have storage bins there
Old Jul 7, 2018, 3:29 am

Originally Posted by sin3386
There are bins in the rear centre now, but they aren't full sized.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 7:49 am

Programs: Lowly CX & IHG
AFAIK the very last row still doesn't have overhead bin due to crew bunk emergency exit, smaller bins at the last 2-3 rows in which hard cases will probably need to lie flat (depth feels similar)
Old Jul 7, 2018, 11:25 am

Programs: CX DM, A3 Gold
There are no overhead bin after row 75 as you can see the no bags sign below, and it seems not full size for row 73, 74, 75.

Old Jul 7, 2018, 6:18 pm

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
Unfortunately I booked quite late and 23K was the only seat available on the outbound sector.
on large bird like 351 CX should really hold the front few rows available only to upper MPC members. with Qantas they keep preferred rows in each cabin till about online checkin differentiating each tier levels
Old Jul 7, 2018, 9:37 pm
Original Poster

Although I must say the seats seem to be better made now. There were no sharp or unfinished edges around the seat
We're now at least in the "good" part of the CX hard product cycle. At first go, CX really whiffs at some things. (Olympus J seat fabric issue, Olympus J in general, old "new" regional biz, shell Y class long-haul, now Cirrus J and bathrooms on A350). But, with each prior issue they fixed it within about 18-24 months. Hopefully with some luck we'll have all the A350 issues solved by the end of 2018.

I can't say A350 is my favorite aircraft in J because the 35G (A359) interior design just isn't passenger friendly for reasons I've posted upthread. I haven't flown A350-1000 yet, so it's just theoretical for me. But I'm thinking to get a seat in the middle of the cabin window if alone, D/G if traveling as couple, because both forward and rear galleys appear to be in full use. Forward for J, rear for Y/PEY.

Fixing the obviously defective hard product problems (seat recline / armrests / TV screen hinges broken after a few months of service, veneers peeling off, covers of various things popping off around the seat, cracks in the seatback and tablesides, unintentional sharp edges due to shoddy workmanship, and dings all over the product, plus broken toilets, mirrors, cabinets and doors in the bathrooms, am I missing anything?) will go a long way to improving the A350 J class experience IMO. So it's nice to hear that at least with B-LXA, we don't have any complaints *yet*. Crossing my fingers the new batch of J seats and lavatories have all the crazy issues sorted out.

I'll add, for the hard product problems Zodiac was to blame for a lot if not most all of it, although of course CX pushed the aircraft into service. It is really not a fun experience to fly long-haul in a torn-up J cabin where your seat is malfunctioning, and you know the airline "knew" about it and you're just part of a cost they've decided to bear.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.