CP Loss After Counter Reset

Old Jan 19, 2019, 12:54 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
I’m surprised this loophole wasn’t closed as part of the program review. But probably because their systems couldn’t deal with it.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 6:55 am

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
That's great to know -- I expect to rack up some 150-200 club points by program reset which will take me to around 500 CP in total. I'd certainly rather get a head start to my new membership year than getting one lounge pass as a mediocre mid-tier benefit.

By the way, if I credit the 150-200 just after my membership year resets, and then go on a membership holiday for 12 month -- I assume I will start the year in April 2020 with the 150-200 "just credited", and then have approx 12 months to accrue another 400 CP to reach GO?
Old Mar 9, 2019, 1:31 am

Programs: ex-UA 1K, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by synthkeys
There's a few options.
3. Remove your MPC/Asia Miles # from your upcoming flights. Then after April 30 when new year starts, submit missing mileage claims for your flights. They will credit in your new membership year.
I probably will have to use this strategy for my wife. She hit SL in December and will soon hit 300 TP again. It's highly unlikely to hit gold so I'd rather have two full years of SL rather than 1 year and 4 months.. She usually flies with me (OWE) which means both of us are usually covered by whatever benefits I get.

According to the Asia Miles website, a user has 6 months before they have to submit their missing mileage claims. Can someone confirm this to be true?
Old Mar 9, 2019, 4:45 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by triplefives
I probably will have to use this strategy for my wife. She hit SL in December and will soon hit 300 TP again. It's highly unlikely to hit gold so I'd rather have two full years of SL rather than 1 year and 4 months.. She usually flies with me (OWE) which means both of us are usually covered by whatever benefits I get.

According to the Asia Miles website, a user has 6 months before they have to submit their missing mileage claims. Can someone confirm this to be true?
6 months is true. If your wife is not flying much later, maybe you can consider have an early reset.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 9:04 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF Gold
I'm a bit confused now:

Mrs NJG was SL until early this year and then dropped to GR, with 0 CP in her account. Earlier this week, she flew to HKG and earned 20 CP. I would have thought that this should have caused her to "renew" GR, reset the counter to 0 and require her to earn 300 CP to earn Silver within the next 12 months.

Instead, her CP counter is still showing 20 CP, with 280 CP to go to SL. Does this mean that the clock does not reset anymore after earning enough CP to renew for GR? Or has it always been like this?
Old Apr 23, 2019, 9:41 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Originally Posted by NetJets Germany
I'm a bit confused now:

Mrs NJG was SL until early this year and then dropped to GR, with 0 CP in her account. Earlier this week, she flew to HKG and earned 20 CP. I would have thought that this should have caused her to "renew" GR, reset the counter to 0 and require her to earn 300 CP to earn Silver within the next 12 months.

Instead, her CP counter is still showing 20 CP, with 280 CP to go to SL. Does this mean that the clock does not reset anymore after earning enough CP to renew for GR? Or has it always been like this?
It has always been like this. Much like how you don't get 'auto renewal (reset)' of SL/GO/DM when hitting 300/600/1200!

If 0 -> 20 goes back to 0...then wouldn't we be stuck in an infinite loop!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.