Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Cabin crew don't care about GO anymore

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cabin crew don't care about GO anymore

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2018, 7:25 am

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
funny i did get greeting from ism (in y) but dude next to me got water from SP who was proactive...

and that dude was DM i saw a tag upon disembarking... so i guess water for DM still exist in Y.. my water in Y hit ratio is 50/50
Old Sep 3, 2018, 5:42 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by fakecd
funny i did get greeting from ism (in y) but dude next to me got water from SP who was proactive...

and that dude was DM i saw a tag upon disembarking... so i guess water for DM still exist in Y.. my water in Y hit ratio is 50/50
Tag doesn't mean much. I have had all GR, SL, GO, DM tags on one strap on my carry-on for many years.

About 10 years ago, I was in J and a Caucasian gentleman behind me also had a DM tag. The crew clearly didn't pay as much attention to him as to me. He might not be a DM then.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 9:44 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by andersonCooper
I thought ISM greeting to the entire J cabin without regard to status is the standard?
It isn’t. Even GOs don’t get greeted consistently, much less non-status pax in J.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 10:58 pm

Programs: CX Diamond / OWE
Alright, I stand corrected. I was on CX 636 last night and I didn't even get a second glance from any cabin crew, much less an ISM

That said, I saw a bottle being given to a DM...
Old Sep 5, 2018, 8:57 am

Programs: MPCGO
Just landed from CX 918 in Y and ISM AND SP separately greeted. It's not a big thing for me (even when flying J), but I'm suspecting that this practice is crew dependent?
Old Sep 5, 2018, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by Cathay Dragon 666
Maybe this is already a known fact, but just had some very good conservation with flight crew (won't say which route in case some Cathay management are lurking here). I made the comment that I've noticed on their paper that they tape on the galley, in the old days I remembered they write down every elite member: DM/GO and their respective seat number. But on the last few flights, I've noticed it's only DM and EMD (don't remember seeing OW EMD being highlighted before). They've confirmed with me that the old training routine is to treat DM/GO well, but the new standard is to pamper DM and EMD, but ignore the GO.

Another reason if you can't make DM with Cathay, there's no point trying.
They just don't want to make their FFP attractive and profitable. The only good thing about SL and GO is op-ups over OWE.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 4:30 pm

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by SilverChris

It isn’t. Even GOs don’t get greeted consistently, much less non-status pax in J.
Makes sense. Just got off a regional, obviously there was no time to greet everyone in J.

I suspect it's the standard to greet the entire J for LH routes only.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 7:24 pm

Programs: BA SL, CX GR, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by PaulInTheSky
They just don't want to make their FFP attractive and profitable. The only good thing about SL and GO is op-ups over OWE.
I’m surprised that OWE is in this low priority when it comes to op-up!
Old Sep 5, 2018, 8:39 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), TK Elite (*G), BT VIP, HH D, BW DS
The only good thing about SL and GO is op-ups over OWE.
Purely out of interest, have you got some information to back this up? As OWE, I think I've seen SLs left in Y whilst getting the op-up myself. Not that the op-ups matter to me, as I generally only fly CX regionally.

In terms of greetings for OWE, seems to be highly crew dependent. On majority of CX/KA flights this year, greetings received from ISM or SP. On a couple of occasions I have been skipped entirely, while I've seen the ISM doing the greeting round. It's a nice gesture and I appreciate it. Last year I heard from a friend, a trainer for CX, that OWE greetings are in the SOP. But ofc things change and YMMV.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 9:04 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by SuloL
Purely out of interest, have you got some information to back this up? As OWE, I think I've seen SLs left in Y whilst getting the op-up myself. Not that the op-ups matter to me, as I generally only fly CX regionally.

In terms of greetings for OWE, seems to be highly crew dependent. On majority of CX/KA flights this year, greetings received from ISM or SP. On a couple of occasions I have been skipped entirely, while I've seen the ISM doing the greeting round. It's a nice gesture and I appreciate it. Last year I heard from a friend, a trainer for CX, that OWE greetings are in the SOP. But ofc things change and YMMV.
I think its GO before OWE then SL
Old Sep 5, 2018, 9:58 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by SLGO

I’m surprised that OWE is in this low priority when it comes to op-up!
Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
No one outside of CX knows for sure.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
Originally Posted by sxc
No one outside of CX knows for sure.
So a live example last weekend. HKG-JFK on CX888. Second leg already upgraded because the flight was packed. The HKG-YVR was also full(A full week before departure), but when I was in Pier F lounge, I asked the agent about the prospect of the HKG-YVR. He checked the list of DM, no DMs;, then the list of GO, no GOs; then I was like 'Maybe it's a good chance?' He said: 'Probably will go after SLs, so maybe not good chance this time.'. I think someone in FT got info from staff that there is a 24-hour system swap if some are deemed to get opups, and it goes through the list of MPC first.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 3:33 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), TK Elite (*G), BT VIP, HH D, BW DS
So a live example last weekend. HKG-JFK on CX888. Second leg already upgraded because the flight was packed. The HKG-YVR was also full(A full week before departure), but when I was in Pier F lounge, I asked the agent about the prospect of the HKG-YVR. He checked the list of DM, no DMs;, then the list of GO, no GOs; then I was like 'Maybe it's a good chance?' He said: 'Probably will go after SLs, so maybe not good chance this time.'. I think someone in FT got info from staff that there is a 24-hour system swap if some are deemed to get opups, and it goes through the list of MPC first.
Ok. Interesting experience. Wanted to dig deeper and reached out to a friend in CX Ground Ops, who works airside as a GA. According to the friend, the upgrade pecking order is CX DM - CX GO - OWE - CX SL - OWS.

My friend might of course be mistaken, but gave a seemingly surefire answer indicating this is included in staff training. Not presenting this as a fact, but as a compelling, strong data point.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 4:12 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Ok. Interesting experience. Wanted to dig deeper and reached out to a friend in CX Ground Ops, who works airside as a GA. According to the friend, the upgrade pecking order is CX DM - CX GO - OWE - CX SL - OWS.

My friend might of course be mistaken, but gave a seemingly surefire answer indicating this is included in staff training. Not presenting this as a fact, but as a compelling, strong data point.
Weird. I seem to get more upgrades as an OWE than when I was a GO.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 7:10 am

Programs: CX Gold, MB Titanium

That's good to know if true. Regardless of the unpublished perks, I just hope that GO's are treated better than OWE, so if OWE gets Water and ISM greeting then so should we.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.