Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Cabin crew don't care about GO anymore

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cabin crew don't care about GO anymore

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2018, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by SuloL
Ok. Interesting experience. Wanted to dig deeper and reached out to a friend in CX Ground Ops, who works airside as a GA. According to the friend, the upgrade pecking order is CX DM - CX GO - OWE - CX SL - OWS.

My friend might of course be mistaken, but gave a seemingly surefire answer indicating this is included in staff training. Not presenting this as a fact, but as a compelling, strong data point.
I don't know if the airport did the sweep, but I saw J2 right before T-24. Then all zeroed out towards departure time. Maybe two mileage upgrades cleared or two last-minute J sale? Not sure. I thought it was airport control to hold on to the seats to accommodate opups.

Not disputing what you said. That's what I heard in most occasions too. Just not sure if the Pier F agent understands how the system works. Or the system is not working the way it should be?
Old Sep 7, 2018, 9:36 am

Programs: MPC-DM, Enrich-Plat
Originally Posted by SuloL
Ok. Interesting experience. Wanted to dig deeper and reached out to a friend in CX Ground Ops, who works airside as a GA. According to the friend, the upgrade pecking order is CX DM - CX GO - OWE - CX SL - OWS.

My friend might of course be mistaken, but gave a seemingly surefire answer indicating this is included in staff training. Not presenting this as a fact, but as a compelling, strong data point.
What would be interesting to know, if there is not only the official pecking order, though maybe also a secondary grading based on complains, recommendations, etc. An informal pecking order, which would give the airport staff help to please those customer who have a positive bias towards CX.......
Old Sep 7, 2018, 10:50 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), TK Elite (*G), BT VIP, HH D, BW DS
Originally Posted by Cambo
What would be interesting to know, if there is not only the official pecking order, though maybe also a secondary grading based on complains, recommendations, etc. An informal pecking order, which would give the airport staff help to please those customer who have a positive bias towards CX.......
That's very well possible. I wouldn't be surprised also if the fare classes bought affected the upgrade odds. E.g. could a CX SL with Y/B/H ticket surpass OWE with N/S/Q (or V/M/K)? Lots of airlines are using the revenue factor as part of the op-up decision making, at least within the same status level.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 7:52 pm

Observation - Male(intermediate+ levels) tend to hate the greeting and conversations

Not sure if any of you found this. This was my experience that extended to all classes of services that I had taken, including F. Usually that was the SYD, HKG, or YVR flight crew. I was once at J and F, the male ISM or male SP never came to greet. Sometimes I was even given a smirk when I asked for something. The most ridiculous experience I had last weekend in HKG-YVR was that from the two meals, I asked green tea four times in total. The male FA just took my order, claimed he would get back to me, but never did. I didn't even ask for something extra. I felt that the male FAs usually ignore my requests. Female FAs, especially the senior ones, no matter where they are from and which base they are on, are usually attentive.

This is not exactly the topic, but since greeting is a part of recognition, I am wondering what your experience is.

Last edited by PaulInTheSky; Sep 11, 2018 at 10:39 pm
Old Sep 11, 2018, 10:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
i think you got "lucky". but otherwise no. my experience with guy FAs is equally good and helpful as the rest.
my main grief is with that one who screamed at me whilst approaching row 72 last year, and the ones who talk very loudly in J.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 10:36 pm

Programs: MPC-DM, Enrich-Plat
Originally Posted by kaka
.... my main grief is with that one who screamed at me whilst approaching row 72 last year, and the ones who talk very loudly in J.
Some people do think that speaking loudly will overcome these problems. My Grandma does do so to, when I don't understand her, when she is speaking to me in her local language

Last edited by sxc; Sep 12, 2018 at 7:04 pm
Old Sep 11, 2018, 11:24 pm

Programs: CX DM (OWE), Accor Gold
Originally Posted by PaulInTheSky
Not sure if any of you found this. This was my experience that extended to all classes of services that I had taken, including F. Usually that was the SYD, HKG, or YVR flight crew. I was once at J and F, the male ISM or male SP never came to greet. Sometimes I was even given a smirk when I asked for something. The most ridiculous experience I had last weekend in HKG-YVR was that from the two meals, I asked green tea four times in total. The male FA just took my order, claimed he would get back to me, but never did. I didn't even ask for something extra. I felt that the male FAs usually ignore my requests. Female FAs, especially the senior ones, no matter where they are from and which base they are on, are usually attentive.

This is not exactly the topic, but since greeting is a part of recognition, I am wondering what your experience is.
I suggest you pick A seat when flying J, where the SP work for.
Usually the service of SP is more attentive.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 2:06 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Cambo
Some people do think that speaking loudly will overcome these problems. My Grandma does do so to, when I don't understand her, when she is speaking to me in her local language
yeh the cx fa.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.