Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Cabin crew don't care about GO anymore

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cabin crew don't care about GO anymore

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2018, 7:14 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by sxc
@rbaa sorry to say but bottle of water in PE is for everyone.
My point exactly.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 4:11 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
For the seat chart I have seen crews write up to AM (Asiamiles) on the corner...so I doubt this is the policy.
I am sure this is not the case. I always find all the crew know who I am and it always amazes me when you are getting off they all know your name.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 7:42 pm

Programs: CX DM (OWE), Accor Gold
Last week, I flied CX138 from SYD to HKG in Y.Before takeoff, FP came to greet me with two small bottles of water (200ml or 300ml served on the first meal tray.) That was very nice so I think GO was not completely ignored onboard. However, the greeting only happened in Y or PE, never in J or F in my case.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by wyskevin
Last week, I flied CX138 from SYD to HKG in Y.Before takeoff, FP came to greet me with two small bottles of water (200ml or 300ml served on the first meal tray.) That was very nice so I think GO was not completely ignored onboard. However, the greeting only happened in Y or PE, never in J or F in my case.
This is always the case - There is no additional greeting for GO on J and F I think. Only in Y and PE. But being a GO, I was never handled water before takeoff on long haul flight upon greeting LOL
Old Aug 29, 2018, 10:25 pm

Programs: CX Diamond / OWE
I recently made GO a few weeks ago, and on CX611 (J class) the ISM came up to me with a warm greeting. I guess it just depends on the ISM on the flight?
Old Aug 29, 2018, 11:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by flubber
I recently made GO a few weeks ago, and on CX611 (J class) the ISM came up to me with a warm greeting. I guess it just depends on the ISM on the flight?
yes
all these depends on ism
Old Aug 30, 2018, 2:19 am

Programs: MPCGO
Quite an interesting thread. I'm flying as GO for the first time next week in Y. Never had much complaints about my treatment as SL (although I must admit I may be an outlier as I tend to keep my expectations quite low).
Old Aug 30, 2018, 11:07 am

Programs: MPC-DM, Enrich-Plat
Originally Posted by xuukgo
This is always the case - There is no additional greeting for GO on J and F I think. Only in Y and PE. But being a GO, I was never handled water before takeoff on long haul flight upon greeting LOL
The J greeting is pretty consistent, even wo # applied, at least for me. Though on a probably low elite route.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by kaka

yes
all these depends on ism
I do seem to have been pretty lucky with my personal ISM's.......
Old Aug 30, 2018, 9:56 pm

Programs: CX Diamond / OWE
Originally Posted by kaka

yes
all these depends on ism
And I was greeted last night on CX715 in Y class. It was a nice gesture as I was not expecting anything!

I think this greeting is such a simple thing that all ISMs can do - it takes 30 seconds, costs nothing yet adds such good vibes for the customer!
Old Aug 30, 2018, 10:49 pm

Greeting seems like SOP for GO. I'd say all but one of my flights these past few months since I hit GO I've received a greeting. The first time it's super exciting just because it's like "going the extra mile" but honestly it gets a bit old and I just want to watch my downloaded netflix show without awkwardly taking off my headphones to nod smile and exchange pleasantries with someone who will never come to the back ever again. Sometimes it's the ISM who greets but lately it's just been a SP who has greeted me post take off.

I will say though that anecdotally I've noticed fewer and fewer opups since hitting GO. Could just be the routes I fly but my upgrades as a SL would be something like 30-50% of flights would net me an opup. Now it's been 0%.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 12:30 am

Programs: CX MPC DM
No greeting for me, GO status, on upgraded PE->J ticket this weekend, EWR->HKG. First time, as I've always received a greeting since reaching GO. It doesn't offend me in the least, just seeing this thread the last few months, I wondered if it was true. I did notice a J pax getting a greeting, must have been DM or OWE.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 2:33 am

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
regional Y. guy next to me got water and gretting. I (OWE) apparently didnt exist.

i saw few opups at gate so if he was DM he would have been at front alongside rest of lucky gang.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 2:56 am

Originally Posted by fakecd
regional Y. guy next to me got water and gretting. I (OWE) apparently didnt exist.

i saw few opups at gate so if he was DM he would have been at front alongside rest of lucky gang.
Yes, I really think, CX should be more sensitive with this kind of feelings. VIPs sitting next tot the real VIPs should get the water bottle to (or a second grade worth bottle, though not completely ignored) .......
Old Sep 3, 2018, 6:11 am

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by synthkeys
No greeting for me, GO status, on upgraded PE->J ticket this weekend, EWR->HKG. First time, as I've always received a greeting since reaching GO. It doesn't offend me in the least, just seeing this thread the last few months, I wondered if it was true. I did notice a J pax getting a greeting, must have been DM or OWE.
I thought ISM greeting to the entire J cabin without regard to status is the standard?

Also, OWE does not get greetings in Y for awhile I believe, not sure about CX DM though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.