Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Very bad customer service in this airline !

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Very bad customer service in this airline !

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2018, 9:21 pm

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Originally Posted by CXFlyerBoy
Gosh CX is so bad. They let a Silver pull. DYKWIA.

The Facebook post was nothing but spitting hostility.
sounds like a noobie flyer. suppose they could acquiese by putting her name on the waitlist? (even if there is close to zero chance of her clearing).

what also probably happened was she bought a discount I ticket probably exHKG so was I out Y(B?) back given I class full.

on a separate topic

1/ i would be careful posting sensitive information on a public forum like FB.. everyone know who she is now

2/ whats a complainable offence is how the CX AM system stops allowing waitlists around 3 or 4 days before departure! thats annoying.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 9:27 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by ermen
what also probably happened was she bought a discount I ticket probably exHKG so was I out Y(B?) back given I class full.
I reverse engineered the $9,000 fare she stated. It appears to be full fare J.

Given:
i) her stated dates of travel were Tuesday outbound and Thursday inbound;
ii) her destination is PVG; and
iii) she has not mentioned once about pursuing fare difference for the inbound segment
I call shenanigans on her repeated claims she paid for the ticket (or in the alternative, she bought the tickets but is eligible for reimbursement by employer).

whats a complainable offence is how the CX AM system stops allowing waitlists around 3 or 4 days before departure! thats annoying.
Well, she thinks she is better than us cos her employer picks up the bill for full flex J.

1/ i would be careful posting sensitive information on a public forum like FB.. everyone know who she is now
Do DYKWIAs have a Right To Be Forgotten?

Last edited by percysmith; Dec 8, 2018 at 10:01 pm
Old Dec 8, 2018, 9:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Slightly OT, if bad weather, i.e. cold weather in this case, is an act of God. Would the same be applicable to the Northern EU countries where God might decide to taunt the airlines with cold weather several months of the year? Is the regulation adapted to regional circumstances, or one size fit all? Just curious?
Old Dec 8, 2018, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by Knodde
Slightly OT, if bad weather, i.e. cold weather in this case, is an act of God. Would the same be applicable to the Northern EU countries where God might decide to taunt the airlines with cold weather several months of the year? Is the regulation adapted to regional circumstances, or one size fit all? Just curious?
Pad your flights more.

But padding reduces the utilisation of your fleet --> $$$
Old Dec 23, 2018, 6:32 pm

How do you guarantee a flight is delayed no more than 2 hours?

Boy Jet: 原本是完美的安排⋯⋯盡然延誤到連車費要多付錢又趕不上和朋友團聚

難道香港人不重視冬至的嗎?還是國泰航空輕視冬至?
CX716 延誤2個多小時,我的團員飯就這樣被抹殺了��������

我是你們的忠實乘客也相信你們對冬至的重視
才會乘坐國泰的!!!

為什麼會便成這樣?!!? From: 楊CX716Seat43D

Me: CX716 it's already one of the more on-time flights, better than many SQ flight around that time. but if you really want to go to that event please consider arriving at the destination a full day early

(https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...l#post17855398
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...odwill-cx.html)

Jet: Percy Smith Thank you for your lonely comment and table. I have checked and double checked all schedule within CX, SQ and TG before I finalised to go with CX, months ahead. As I have families and friends in both countries that I have to make as precise arrangements as possible. (I have even prepared for 1hour delay but more than 2 hours is not expected. ) So that I can spend time in both countries within the same day. It is not easy but an effort is still need to be made.

If you are representing CX, your advise is very disappointing, not knowing how much trouble and difficulty, I have went through to get to my decision to fly with CX. If you are not representative of CX, I would app

Me: I said a day and you interpreted it as two hours. It's not a matter of airline (or even a matter of airline vs. private jet), it's your own schedule.

Jet: Percy Smith there is a huge gap in your understanding of the situation, can you reschedule Christmas Day or New Years?

Ianian Weil: Some people think everyone is as free as them. Not everyone can hv the luxury to arrive a day earlier. They talk like airline has all rights to hv legit delays. But legit delays still cause inconvenience to others.

Jet: thank you

---

Jet blocked me before I can mention a 21:55 arrival for a Winter Solstice dinner will be considered seriously unfilial by family elders.

Also as mentioned above I don't think even private jet cuts it - they go mech as well
(what happened to 22/12 CX716 is that B-LXA went 3 hrs 38 mins mech in BKK, so there was a cascading delay when it got to SIN)

Any suggestions? I came up with two
- Boy Jet should buy two tickets for every flight he travels. One on each airline on the route
- If travel by private jet, he should reference Air Force One procedure, in that a backup jet is always standing by in case AF1 goes mech

Last edited by percysmith; Dec 23, 2018 at 8:09 pm
Old Dec 30, 2018, 4:05 am

Errr travel insurance?
Old Dec 30, 2018, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by yohy
Errr travel insurance?
For two hours? Who covers that?

Also how do you comp a missed solstice (like thanksgiving) dinner?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.