Connecting from status run back to HKG

Old Apr 16, 18, 7:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, M&M
Connecting from status run back to HKG

I am thinking of doing the TPE-HKG-CGK-HKG-TPE status run. I will need to position from HKG-TPE before it, and from TPE-HKG after it (probably a cheap economy redemption on that). I'm not really worried about the outbound as I can schedule in a few hours turnaround in TPE fairly easily. But on the return, I can't really schedule much time into the TPE turnaround (from the TPE-HKG-CGK-HKG-TPE ticket onto the TPE-HKG ticket). One possibility is to book so that the same aircraft will be used on the homebound HKG-TPE and TPE-HKG flights, e.g. KA482 followed by KA483. I am worried though that if the CGK-HKG flight is really late, I will miss KA482 and therefore also miss KA483. I suppose technically CX/KA can say it is my own fault for missing KA483 as it's a separate ticket, and force me to buy a new one. Is there any workaround?
Old Apr 16, 18, 11:24 am

Programs: BA EC
If you take CX798 (arrive 0555) and transit CX564 (dep 0810 & arrive 1000), you can book CX523 (dep 1345).
In case 564 delay, you still get 530, 450, 494 which can help you fit into CX523. Just give yourself more buffer.
Old Apr 16, 18, 6:20 pm

Programs: CXAM BAEC
Originally Posted by go_around View Post
e.g. KA482 followed by KA483. I am worried though that if the CGK-HKG flight is really late, I will miss KA482 and therefore also miss KA483. I suppose technically CX/KA can say it is my own fault for missing KA483 as it's a separate ticket, and force me to buy a new one. Is there any workaround?
IF you redeem flight with KA prefix, you cannot change the redemption to CX flights. Better redeem flight with CX prefix that you have greater flexibility.
Old Apr 17, 18, 3:06 am

Programs: Qantas, Air new Zealand, British Airways, Cathay
Its easy. Just fly on a flight which turns around and flys back again. By definition delays are not an issue.
Old Apr 17, 18, 4:08 am

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
i'd say, dont worry about it. I've never heard CX leaving pax on their own a la some other airlines unless CX is not at fault at all.
Old Apr 17, 18, 5:57 am

Programs: QF Emerald. CX Nobody
watch out for CGK turn-around, do a search, i got in lots of grief doing turn-around and since never stepped foot to indonesia.

as to tpe-hkg leg, u can either
1) drop ur hkg-tpe leg all together unless the last segment is so important. book it a day after ur cgk-hkg
2) some fares allow stopover in hk for few mths. book hkg-tpe for random dates in future