Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Oneworld Benefits While Gaining a Status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2018, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP

Hello all,
I'm AA Executive Platinum and switching from AA to CX. I'm starting off from zero with CX. I'm just wondering if I would still be getting the Oneworld benefits with just using AA EXP card and CX Marco Polo # on my boarding pass. First class lounge access is probably what I value the most.
Thank you!
Old Apr 9, 2018, 3:34 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, CX Green
You can put CX FFP number on your boarding pass and just show them membership card for access to the First Class lounge. Also, in your case it may be worthwhile to ask CX Marco Polo club ([email protected]) for a status match to so you don’t start from scratch. Usually they grant up to Sliver but if have flown a lot with them especially in premium cabin they sometimes also give out Gold.
infinitium likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 5:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Excellent! Thank you.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 6:27 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by shd9
You can put CX FFP number on your boarding pass and just show them membership card for access to the First Class lounge. Also, in your case it may be worthwhile to ask CX Marco Polo club ([email protected]) for a status match to so you don’t start from scratch. Usually they grant up to Sliver but if have flown a lot with them especially in premium cabin they sometimes also give out Gold.
Will they do a status match to programmes for other OW airlines?
Old Apr 9, 2018, 7:41 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by cxfan1960
Yes.

Example I'm thinking of is colleague flew CX metal J class cash fares, AA EXP as result, he wanted to switch to CX. After a lot of haggling and proof he'd continue spending habits on CX (I think he bought a ticket or two), CX comped Gold. SL was initial offer.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 8:40 pm

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by cxfan1960
Occasionally they do, especially if you can show them multiple advance revenue bookings in C/F.
brunos likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.