FoundersCard

Old Aug 30, 2018, 9:36 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by kciflyer
If Founders Card does give you Silver Tier status, can you use that status to match to other airlines status levels? Through the status match website you can easily see which status matches Cathay Pacific has granted, but I don't seem to see any easy way to see what other airlines have given status based on a match with Cathay Pacific Silver status.

In theory yes although typically status match promos these days now ask for travel history to show you actually earned it.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 2:48 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
I was able to get it for $400 (two years) but required prepayment.
Is there a code we can use to get something similar?
Old Sep 11, 2018, 10:14 am

Any idea what the the Apple discount is? I'm looking to pick up a new iPad.

Got the email to view member benefits and found the following:The Fine Print

-New and existing customers are eligible for discount as long as currently under a personal or post-paid family plan (business/corporate plans are not eligible for preferred pricing). Applies to all data and voice plans greater than $30, excluding unlimited voice plans and $50 550 Family Talk. Voice plans $30 or more in value are eligible, while data plans greater than $30 are eligible. Other exceptions apply.

-Please Note: FoundersCard discount appears as "National Account Discount" under Total Usage Charges. Discount may take up to two billing cycles to appear; may not be combined with other offers.

Will not work for me as I have a business plan.

Last edited by Schutzee; Sep 11, 2018 at 12:26 pm Reason: add data
Old Sep 11, 2018, 9:22 pm

Programs: JL Diamond, CX Gold, HH Gold
The SL tier is valid for ONE year only, and afaik it is a once in a lifetime upgrade.
I cant see the value for buying the card for 2 years.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by happyvoid
Founderscard gives silver status for free any other way of getting it?
there is another card with cheaper pricing than founders card but require a us address
Old Sep 13, 2018, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by ajhira
Slightly off topic (but not necessarily) - anyone aware of the cost of a FoundersCard? You have to provide a lot of information before getting access to the price screen...
once you sign up dont pay, they usually send you email about deals and discounts on joining them, wait until you really need that MPC silver or Hilton Gold or AA challenge
Old Sep 13, 2018, 7:41 pm

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Originally Posted by jkuok
there is another card with cheaper pricing than founders card but require a us address
Which card is that?
Isochronous likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 3:58 pm

FoundersCard discount

Did anyone use the CX discount benefit as a FoundersCard member? Do they apply to all routes and all cabins? Do they apply to all sales and promos? And are they more toward 5% or 25%
Old Dec 15, 2018, 12:45 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by longmanzz
Did anyone use the CX discount benefit as a FoundersCard member? Do they apply to all routes and all cabins? Do they apply to all sales and promos? And are they more toward 5% or 25%
My finding was basically the same price as online. I did requested a quote for some CX sample fares from one of the rep, the price returned about the same as what CX published online anyway. Anyone who's already with FC please correct me if I was wrong.

And I guess if the 5% discount was legit, this card would be talked over and over again here.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
300-400 USD per year. WIth the HHonors Gold status and Cathay Silver status, I found it to be very worthwhile.
Can't you get HH Gold Status with AMEX Platinum?
Old Mar 10, 2019, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AmD950
The SL tier is valid for ONE year only, and afaik it is a once in a lifetime upgrade.
I cant see the value for buying the card for 2 years.
Just want to make sure I read this properly, the Founders Card only gives silver status for one year and what happens from the second year if I decide to renew my FoundersCard membership?
Old Mar 10, 2019, 1:34 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by lsquare
Just want to make sure I read this properly, the Founders Card only gives silver status for one year and what happens from the second year if I decide to renew my FoundersCard membership?
Based on own experience, they denied to process a second upgrade.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph

Based on own experience, they denied to process a second upgrade.
Guess the card is not worth getting then.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 7:00 am

Is the Peninsula Beverly Hills booked via a direct link or a promo code on Peninsula.com?
Old Dec 6, 2021, 2:06 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Plus Platinum, Caesar's Diamond, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold,
Originally Posted by HumbleBee
Is the Peninsula Beverly Hills booked via a direct link or a promo code on Peninsula.com?
Corporate code on peninsula.com
HumbleBee likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.