Search

Vintage Champagne in F

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2019, 6:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA5MM
Question Feb 2019 HKG->USA (JFK)?

Originally Posted by jerrywu
4th Feb, CX883 LAX->HKG, Krug 2004
Does anyone happen to know what champagne is being served in Feb 2019 on HKG->USA routes (ideally HKG-JFK)?

Many thanks in advance.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 11:03 am

Programs: SQ, SK, QR
Originally Posted by AA EXP DFW-LON
Does anyone happen to know what champagne is being served in Feb 2019 on HKG->USA routes (ideally HKG-JFK)?

Many thanks in advance.
Flew CX830 HKG-JFK on Feb 6 - Krug 2004.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 11:41 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA5MM
Originally Posted by AJ747M
Flew CX830 HKG-JFK on Feb 6 - Krug 2004.
Thank you. That's very helpful.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 1:17 am

Programs: CX - DM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Titanium
Just landed in LHR on CX255. Krug 2004 onboard. Looks like it is back for all long haul flights this month!?
Old Feb 8, 2019, 9:09 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Originally Posted by HKGglobaltrotter
Just landed in LHR on CX255. Krug 2004 onboard. Looks like it is back for all long haul flights this month!?
That’s certainly great news for the 2x LHR F that I have this month!
Old Feb 9, 2019, 3:48 am

Programs: BA Silver (OWS), OZ Diamond (*G), TK Elite (*G), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by G-CIVC

That’s certainly great news for the 2x LHR F that I have this month!
That would indeed be good news for my r/t to BOS later in the month.

How many bottles do they usually stock? We seem to have a full cabin on the early evening outbound departure that could mean trouble on some carriers (looking at you BA with your 3 bottles of LPGS for 14 pax).
Old Feb 9, 2019, 4:29 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by AnttiV

That would indeed be good news for my r/t to BOS later in the month.

How many bottles do they usually stock? We seem to have a full cabin on the early evening outbound departure that could mean trouble on some carriers (looking at you BA with your 3 bottles of LPGS for 14 pax).
in my experience there is rarely a problem in CX F with bottles running out. In fact I don't think I've ever encountered it, and this is in the context of 50-100x CX F flights in the last decade.

I have encountered CX FAs serving J class Champagne pre-takeoff. And sometimes being clueless about the fact I was just poured something that obviously wasn't a prestige cuvee. (this occurs when poured in galley, obviously) But that's a different issue.

Although, I would *hazard* to guess if any year is different this year is it, because a lot of cheap F fares were sold a few months ago as a result of a mistake fare from Vietnam. I don't think CX is going to approach the F cabin differently aka they'll stock the same amount of bottles, but if you have a lot of "maximize the F experience" types in F who are on a mission to drink as much expensive Champagne as possible, it's possible they could drink more Krug than the normal group of CX travelers. I could see this happening. But normally, nothing to be worried about at all. On CX F it's normal most of the cabin just conks out and sleeps. A lot of folks, myself included don't drink or eat much on many flights. It's one of the best beds in the sky and those sleeping hours are valuable!
G-CIVC and AnttiV like this.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 5:19 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
There are normally 3 bottles for per sector- but CX pax in general do not drink it all out compared to pax on some other airlines

FWIW there are 12 to 18 servings of caviar each full rotation (to and back) depending on the flight times.
DeathSlam and AnttiV like this.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 5:53 am

There are normally 3 bottles for per sector- but CX pax in general do not drink it all out compared to pax on some other airlines

FWIW there are 12 to 18 servings of caviar each full rotation (to and back) depending on the flight times.
u sure about the caviar?
also are the caviar return catered? Don’t think it is possible on the long haul sectors? I would’ve thought they distribute to the outport catering centre?

what is your source?
Old Feb 9, 2019, 6:59 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
3 bottles is my (somewhat dated) experience. They basically ran out on me once, but that was my fault because I drank over 2 bottles by myself on a daytime to LHR
Old Feb 9, 2019, 7:12 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by londonexpert

u sure about the caviar?
also are the caviar return catered? Don’t think it is possible on the long haul sectors? I would’ve thought they distribute to the outport catering centre?

what is your source?
You are very welcome to share evidence to the contrary.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
And their caviar is so bad anyway. It does not taste nor has the consistence of true caviar. The cheapest product of an Italian farm.
Really miss the balik salmon with a bit of good caviar.
But the Krug 2004 is really outstanding.
G-CIVC and GorillaW like this.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 10:21 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
I find the JL F lounges at NRT so-so, not so great, both as lounges and with respect to food. I've heard that they're better at HND.

Completely agree. People who are accustomed to J and F lounges in Asia don't know how good they have it!

Agree. Same onboard, at least in F.
I recently spent the afternoon in JL F lounge NRT. CX lounges are a whole different category, I remember ANA F lounge at HND was very nice !
Old Feb 9, 2019, 10:45 am

You are very welcome to share evidence to the contrary.
given 6 seats each sector, I don’t think they cater for 16 servings?

can you share your source?
Old Feb 9, 2019, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by brunos
And their caviar is so bad anyway. It does not taste nor has the consistence of true caviar. The cheapest product of an Italian farm.
Really miss the balik salmon with a bit of good caviar.
But the Krug 2004 is really outstanding.
it’s around 50usd
so def not the top of the range ones. I also missed the balik salmon
GorillaW likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.