Best J seats on 350 for couple?

Old Mar 26, 18, 12:11 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Gainesville, Virginia
Posts: 118
Best J seats on 350 for couple?

Flying CX861 & CX862 IAD to HKG and return with wife; Never been on a 350, but reading threads on this forum gives me the idea that 16, 17, or 18 DG might be the best locations to get sleep. Appreciate your opinion ....THANKS!
pjack is offline  
Old Mar 26, 18, 9:08 pm
  #2  
Marriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: EDI, TYO, CGK
Programs: CX MPC Diamond, BAEC Gold, SK EB Gold, JX COSMILE Insighter, Flying Blue Silver
Posts: 1,963
Originally Posted by pjack View Post
Flying CX861 & CX862 IAD to HKG and return with wife; Never been on a 350, but reading threads on this forum gives me the idea that 16, 17, or 18 DG might be the best locations to get sleep. Appreciate your opinion ....THANKS!
I would say that all the DG pair seats are mostly equal one or another. Just avoid row 11, 12, and perhaps 13 as they are too close to the lavatories and the galley. 11DG is especially undesirable.
clubeurope is online now  
Old Mar 26, 18, 10:12 pm
  #3  
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: HKG
Programs: Asia Miles. Not bothering to join Marco Polo.
Posts: 16,962
Originally Posted by clubeurope View Post
I would say that all the DG pair seats are mostly equal one or another. Just avoid row 11, 12, and perhaps 13 as they are too close to the lavatories and the galley. 11DG is especially undesirable.
Any DG https://www.ausbt.com.au/cathay-paci...business-class

Layout of A350 mirrors A330, so 15-17 DG recommended, 11DG not recommended https://www.ausbt.com.au/the-best-se...s-airbus-a330s
percysmith is online now  
Old Apr 1, 18, 8:37 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: May 2008
Programs: MPC Silver
Posts: 71
My wife and I got an upgrade to J from PEY on an A350 yesterday and were assigned Seats 11D and 11G. I agree that the seats are quite close to the lavatories and the galley but overall I wasn't really bothered as the seat itself provides pretty good privacy.

In general, I don't think the A350 J seats are good for couples as we had to move forward in in order to see and speak to each other but I wouldn't say this is a deal breaker as it's still a good hard product!
dmatthew is offline  
Old Apr 3, 18, 2:16 am
  #5  
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: HKG
Programs: Asia Miles. Not bothering to join Marco Polo.
Posts: 16,962
Originally Posted by dmatthew View Post
In general, I don't think the A350 J seats are good for couples as we had to move forward in in order to see and speak to each other but I wouldn't say this is a deal breaker as it's still a good hard product!
That's the point. You're not in each other's faces. If you want to be side by side with each other then you need a 2-2-2 product like Skybed II a lie-flat product.
percysmith is online now  
Old Apr 3, 18, 3:42 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 130
I'm traveling with my 5 year old son in J xSFO to HKG, still haven't decided on what seats will suit us best. I'm sure I'll spend lots of time helping him with his VOD/screen entertainment, getting his seat adjusted, cutting his food, tucking him in, etc... Do you guys think two center seats would work better or a center-aisle combination? I'm thinking the latter since it would be more accessible. I haven't flown the current CX J seat, so any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks.
sfo to bkk is offline  
Old Apr 4, 18, 12:53 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: HKG
Programs: CX Diamond / OWE
Posts: 277
Originally Posted by sfo to bkk View Post
I'm traveling with my 5 year old son in J xSFO to HKG, still haven't decided on what seats will suit us best. I'm sure I'll spend lots of time helping him with his VOD/screen entertainment, getting his seat adjusted, cutting his food, tucking him in, etc... Do you guys think two center seats would work better or a center-aisle combination? I'm thinking the latter since it would be more accessible. I haven't flown the current CX J seat, so any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Definitely the center-aisle combination as you will have to get up to help him!
flubber is offline  
Old Apr 4, 18, 4:10 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: HKG
Posts: 1,052
Originally Posted by flubber View Post
Definitely the center-aisle combination as you will have to get up to help him!
Fully agree, def aisle window combo!

Consider 21 AD/GK as there will be less/no traffic coming through so you'll have more freedom in the aisle while helping your son.
gpia is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: