Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge Etiquette

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2018, 9:39 pm

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
how many bottles is one allowed to reasonably take away from the lounge for their own consumption onboard?
Old Sep 17, 2018, 10:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ermen
how many bottles is one allowed to reasonably take away from the lounge for their own consumption onboard?
the restaurant turned me away for getting 2 one time. but other than that one time noone ever stopped me from getting any amount of water. but i have never gotten more than 4 between 2 people in 1 go (and i start drinking 1).
Old Sep 17, 2018, 10:38 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by ermen
ha interesting!

I think picking up somewhere in the neighborhood of maybe 3, definitely 4 is when it gets "excessive". 3, or even 2 I suppose might not be cool either. Although I am guilty of 2. Obviously less is better than more on the moral scale here.

I often grab two; one for myself, one for Mrs. Qrc (who often leaves the lounge a bit before me for shopping, and inevitably always forgets a bottle for herself...). I usually open mine as I walk out just because I'm thirsty.

6 is without question well over the line, in my book. Even if you have a whole family, go buy the water then. That just doesn't feel right.

Just my own two cents.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 11:04 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
I normally pick up one...2 sometimes. I now they keep the bottled water behind the counter during Plaza Premium days...you have to ask but I never had a problem asking for 2. Just surprised that Sodexo has them now back in the fridge.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 2:19 am

Programs: ex-UA 1K, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
i will also say 6 is a bit excessive for one person (imagine two people grabbing 12 bottles). he's paying a heavy penalty as those are glass bottles.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 5:27 am

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
I follow "buffet rules". I only take what I've already opened and can't be consumed by anyone else. That's just me and I wouldn't really judge anyone for taking 1 to go.

6 is just far too excessive though.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 5:43 am

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
For US-bound pax it's impossible to take more than 1, so I am used to not taking anything.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 5:47 am

Programs: GFF Plat, CX DM, SQ TPPS, AS 75K
First world problem but I almost always take two because much prefer San Pellegrino to the Perrier they have on J
Old Sep 18, 2018, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by andersonCooper
For US-bound pax it's impossible to take more than 1, so I am used to not taking anything.
You're not eve allowed to take any for Australia bound flight from what I remember. So either he is flying to Europe...or somewhere within the region and plans to give the San Pelegrino to friends as gifts
Old Sep 18, 2018, 7:14 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
unfortunately I also saw someone packing 6 bottles of San Pelegrino into his carry on.
Did you call out the offender on the spot?
Old Sep 18, 2018, 8:25 pm

Programs: ex-UA 1K, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by andersonCooper
On my last flight to SFO a few weeks ago, they didn't perform the secondary screening for liquids at the gate. Not sure if it's a one off or if something changed.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by SilverChris
Did you call out the offender on the spot?
I was seated on the other side of the lounge...
Old Sep 18, 2018, 9:11 pm

Programs: CX DM, Watsons Wine Burgundy
Originally Posted by triplefives
On my last flight to SFO a few weeks ago, they didn't perform the secondary screening for liquids at the gate. Not sure if it's a one off or if something changed.
This seems to be changing or has changed. Being discussed on-and-off on a thread here.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
You're not eve allowed to take any for Australia bound flight from what I remember. So either he is flying to Europe...or somewhere within the region and plans to give the San Pelegrino to friends as gifts
He was probably the "friend" that I had to pick up at HKIA who gave me three cans of lounge beer as a present.
FlyPointyEnd likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 10:03 pm

Programs: MPCGO
Originally Posted by QRC3288

I often grab two; one for myself, one for Mrs. Qrc (who often leaves the lounge a bit before me for shopping, and inevitably always forgets a bottle for herself...). I usually open mine as I walk out just because I'm thirsty.
Hahaha. I can relate to this one, but my wife arrives at the lounge AFTER shopping and I'm ready to leave the lounge, so she ends up bringing the one I got for her.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.