Expiration of Asia Miles

Old Mar 13, 18, 1:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX GO, SPG Plat
Expiration of Asia Miles

Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked before, but if I transfer rewards points into Asia Miles, is the expiration date on those miles the standard 3 years?

Thank you in advance!
Old Mar 13, 18, 2:05 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
The expiration policy for AsiaMiles is the same regardless of where they came from.
Old Mar 13, 18, 3:00 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Asia Miles. Not bothering to join Marco Polo.
3 years plus the months between your credit date and your joining anniversary. My latest batch of miles credited in Nov 2017 expire Apr 2021 for instance
Old Sep 20, 18, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by percysmith View Post
3 years plus the months between your credit date and your joining anniversary. My latest batch of miles credited in Nov 2017 expire Apr 2021 for instance
Is this still true with the changes to the program? Ive tried to search for this but everywhere says just 3 years with no mention of the months between credit and join date. I got some points last year and the expiry was indeed over 3 years so I know your theory is true but I just dont see it written anywhere so Im not sure if it has changed
Old Sep 20, 18, 10:41 am

I just credited 30,100 AM for https://forum.hongkongcard.com/forumSE/show/25453 to my mother for and the expiry date is 31/08/2022.
un1bomber likes this.
Old Sep 20, 18, 10:55 pm
Moderator: Cathay Pacific Asia Miles and Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by un1bomber View Post
Is this still true with the changes to the program? Ive tried to search for this but everywhere says just 3 years with no mention of the months between credit and join date. I got some points last year and the expiry was indeed over 3 years so I know your theory is true but I just dont see it written anywhere so Im not sure if it has changed
At least as of 11 September, 2018. Asia Miles for my flight on 10 September was credited on 11 September and will be expiring 31 May, 2022.
un1bomber likes this.
Old Jan 9, 19, 7:32 am

Transactions with some credit cards can extend the expiration of United and AA miles. Are there cards that can do the same with Asian Miles?
Old Jan 9, 19, 8:35 am

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by getmethere View Post
Transactions with some credit cards can extend the expiration of United and AA miles. Are there cards that can do the same with Asian Miles?
No.
Old Aug 24, 19, 8:07 am

Changes past expiration date

Can I book an award ticket for after the miles expiration date, so long as I ticket it before the expiration date? If so, can I still make changes to the date (or itinerary) after the miles expiration date?
Old Aug 24, 19, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by Roka View Post
Can I book an award ticket for after the miles expiration date, so long as I ticket it before the expiration date? If so, can I still make changes to the date (or itinerary) after the miles expiration date?
Yes
And can rebook

Search this Thread
Search Engine: