Search

Redemption for X'mas period on J

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2018, 12:10 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by Wongo
Guys,
thanks for the input, done alot of searching and looking around and I got myself this.
HKG-HND-CTS
CTS-KIXo KIX-TPE-HKG
When I rang AM they said sorry sir nothing from KIX-TPE on CX, little they know I did my research so I managed to get a JL KIX-TPE leg.
Finally get my white x'mas again, but fingers crossed its not too white, and also typhoon please do no damage to Hokkaido JR network!
Politics aside, xTPE a lot more favourable - can check thru all the way to HKG at least
Sadly not available for 26/12 (if it was, I would've already taken it)
​​​​​
Old Mar 13, 2018, 2:32 am

NRT-CTS on JL (looking at their website they seems to only offer Y or maybe a Y+ product) this will be taken on the same day when I arrive in Japan
Did you find this NRT-CTS flight (JL3049 dep NRT 18:40) on redemption anywhere near Christmas?

I can't on BAEC, although I haven't tried the call centre. Since you're now HKG-HND-CTS, I assume you're no longer interested in it (not for Christmas 2018 at least)
Old Mar 13, 2018, 2:47 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by percysmith
Did you find this NRT-CTS flight (JL3049 dep NRT 18:40) on redemption anywhere near Christmas?

I can't on BAEC, although I haven't tried the call centre. Since you're now HKG-HND-CTS, I assume you're no longer interested in it (not for Christmas 2018 at least)
to wongo: lets move to the jal forum for seat discussion but in short, award tickets is only for economy on jl dom for all oneworld partners including AM. However u can pay to upgrade at HND
Old Mar 14, 2018, 11:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF Silver (OW Ruby)
Politics aside, xTPE a lot more favourable - can check thru all the way to HKG at least
Sadly not available for 26/12 (if it was, I would've already taken it)
​​​​​
Can't find anything on 26th, I had to ask manger for extra day off, thank god my co-workers willing to sign my leave for relieving my work. Like 3 of them to take my work for 7 days of AL.I'll scan it once in a while, but seriously can't see anything opening up.
One thing I learn was AM award if it has been taken its worldwide bucket that goes down...
There is a J seat from NGO-TPE, nothing back to TPE-HKG....
Old Mar 14, 2018, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Here is what I booked.
14th KA396 HKG-HND J
15th JL509 HND-CTS Y
26th JL2502 CTS-KIX Y
27th JL813 KIX-TPE J
27th CX473 TPE-HKG J

There is nothing from NRT-CTS on JL so lucky KA has few seats that allow you to do a smooth transit after the red eye. 17/18 you can still do what I've booked, maybe go to other cities if nothing available to CTS
Old Mar 14, 2018, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kaka

i could guest you if +1 and i fly the same day as urs lol
just that we dont commit on trips until maybe a week out
I must get a few lotto 7 if I managed to the guest invite for that time of the day
kaka likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 8:33 pm

Programs: CX Diamond / OWE
Well, I'm pushing my luck at this moment. I have miles expiring and I want to burn them off to CTS, but it hardly release any J award, given X'mas period, there is literally no chance to and from HK
So here is what I found,
HKG-NRT J-CX (available) Joy
Then here is on I need confirmation and corrections
NRT-CTS on JL (looking at their website they seems to only offer Y or maybe a Y+ product) this will be taken on the same day when I arrive in Japan

10-15 days later there is no CX direct or indirect from Japan back to HK so here is what I am thinking... if it is actually possible...

CTS-NGO/KIX on JL whatever class they can give me (transit)
I found the below route from BA and available.
NGO/KIX-PVG on JL J
PVG-HKG on KA J

Is it still possible for me to book the flight like this at 50K points?

Thanks in advance...!
Wongo
Late in replying but here are my two cents' worth: CX doesn't release redemption booking (even on Y) from HKG to CTS over the winter season. The demand from Hong Kong to travel to CTS for ski trips is too high for them to release any of these seats...
Old Mar 14, 2018, 8:47 pm

But they did release 24/12 CX548 PE on 20/12 as normal redemptions last year. And you can include JL domestic sectors (if you've speculatively booked on Avios!)
Old Mar 14, 2018, 10:33 pm
Original Poster

But they did release 24/12 CX548 PE on 20/12 as normal redemptions last year. And you can include JL domestic sectors (if you've speculatively booked on Avios!)
I've used AM, but going to Japan in J, is Avios points cheaper or AM cheaper?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.