The Deck - opens 22 March 2018

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2018, 11:42 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by G-CIVC
Soft opened? Saw a thorough p/review/walkthrough on instagram. Looks nice enough. Showers resemble LHR/Pier J rather than Pier F. The food, if really 'Sodexoed', looks deceiving enough for those not in the know. Some of the furniture strangely reminds me of AMEX Centurion lounge.
What’s the Instagram link?
Old Mar 21, 2018, 7:59 am

Programs: MPCGO
Any review on The Deck?

Flying in April and June. I noticed there is not manned bar in the new lounge according to the CX site? https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...e-deck-lounges

Or is it included in the Terrace? Anybody been to the new lounge lately?

Thanks.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 9:27 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
... this lounge hasn't opened yet. It opens tomorrow. There are a few large threads dedicated to it, you should search there from tomorrow onwards.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 11:10 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by djsflynn
FYI: media preview and official opening of The Deck slated for 12.45pm to 2.30 on March 22, so fingers crossed for a late arvo opening [I'll ask at the preview and will be sure to include details on the tweetstream at @AusBT]
Where are your tweets @djsflynn?
Old Mar 21, 2018, 11:43 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

So their catch phrase is to arrive early for The Deck. I wonder how many ways this could go wrong?

”I turned up hours early before my flight and then my flight was delayed another 3 hours #lifewelltravelled”
Alawyer likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 12:07 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
”I turned up hours early before my flight just to make sure I can get a shower #lifewelltravelled”
Old Mar 22, 2018, 12:34 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

@ausbt has pictures up on Twitter. Aside from the “outdoor” area looks like the standard CX lounge together with empty glasses that haven’t been picked up for hours.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 1:22 am

Video walkthrough of The Deck now up on Australian Business Traveller’s Facebook page ... very flat out with pics, video, interviews etc.

of note:
* Sodexo expects to take over The Wing in May with The Bridge and The Pier to follow before year’s end
* champagne upgraded from Moët to Mumm
Old Mar 22, 2018, 1:37 am

Originally Posted by sxc
Where are your tweets @djsflynn?
Was in my first tweet, mate - open to the travelling public from 5pm / 5.30pm today
Old Mar 22, 2018, 1:41 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Nice video and photos - thank you!

From this distance the catering seems quite standard. Not an upgrade from The Wing, and looks like less choice than The Bridge and The Pier. No tended bar either.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 2:12 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
so now we get a food faceoff between sodexo at the deck vs pp at the pier/wing.... lol
Old Mar 22, 2018, 3:57 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

AusBT review is up:

https://www.ausbt.com.au/cathay-paci...g-kong-airport
Old Mar 22, 2018, 4:40 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

I had a very quick 5 min visit at 6pm today. What can I say? It’s a lovely lounge that offers a variety of settings and plenty of good vantage spots to observe the Apron symphony below as well as the terminal extension works currently in progress.

I took one photo of the perimeter deck seating, just to tease you into thinking the opening went unnoticed, which is definitely not the case. The central section was buzzing with excitement.
Attached Images  
Old Mar 23, 2018, 1:59 am

Another on-the-spot “We’re reporting LIVE from The Deck!” update - Sodexo tells me they plan to add spirits to the self-serve bar (those being noticeably absent at the moment) and are also seriously considering finding space for a (small)) bar.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 2:06 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by djsflynn
Another on-the-spot “We’re reporting LIVE from The Deck!” update - Sodexo tells me they plan to add spirits to the self-serve bar (those being noticeably absent at the moment) and are also seriously considering finding space for a (small)) bar.
An ice bucket would be good too - i searched high and low for one yesterday to no avail

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.