Wiki Posts
Search

CX675 Connecting RJ343 in TLV

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2018, 1:30 am
Original Poster

CX675 Connecting RJ343 in TLV

Hi all,
I am looking at reward ticket from HKG to Jordan, while there is an existing RJ route HKG-AMM (via BKK), I wonder if the routing CX675 RJ343 is possible.

CX675 arriving TLV at 07:10
RJ343 departing TLV at 08:30

Anyone has the experience transiting in TLV?

Thanks,
DK
Old Feb 27, 2018, 2:16 am

Programs: CX Diamond, United MileagePlus Gold, Accor Platinum
Only few people transit in TLV because of the security check for departing flights. Some Aussies said on another travel forum that they did transit at TLV to go to Cyprus alike, but sufficient time had to be allowed (2.5 hours). So transiting there should be feasible.

I know this may not be your preference, but if your destination is Jordan, why not going by engaging a car? About 1.5 hours to get to the border, and normally you should be able to arrive Amman by noon. Even less time needed if you start from Jerusalem. But note the visa implication if visa is needed for your case (multiple entry to Israel for return flight). Otherwise I did this route and there’s not too much hassles.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 11:31 am

Programs: BA Silver
As Jckolee wrote it's possible in theory but you would need much more time between the flights.

Also, as far as I know you cannot enter Jordan with a car rented in Israel .
Old Mar 24, 2018, 2:11 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Passengers are usually asked to open checked luggage for inspection before checking in at TLV, except for those who have security papers. How does interlining work?

1:20 seems very tight.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 12:04 am

I don't think interlining would be possible. My guess is that you would have to go landside and do a "normal" check in. Some more information in this thread.

EDIT - see also here. Probably doable but I would leave at least three hours between flights.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 2:59 am

Originally Posted by Innocent Abroad
As Jckolee wrote it's possible in theory but you would need much more time between the flights.

As for cars rented in Israel, you’re right. But what I meant is getting a transfer service like taxi in Tel Aviv. There’re quite a number of taxi companies doing this and I have done this twice too. Perhaps this can be discussed in the Israel forum.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 3:29 am

Originally Posted by cxfan1960
Passengers are usually asked to open checked luggage for inspection before checking in at TLV, except for those who have security papers. How does interlining work?

1:20 seems very tight.
Not a must to open up the luggage to be checked in at TLV. There’s only a counter asking the passengers questions before the check-in counters. Your check-in luggage will go through X-ray and pressure chambers anyway.

For hand carry bags, there’s indeed a high chance to be checked - custom officers may open them up and inspect every single items. My experience is that it is particularly so for solo travellers.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 3:45 am

Originally Posted by Jackolee
Not a must to open up the luggage to be checked in at TLV. There’s only a counter asking the passengers questions before the check-in counters. Your check-in luggage will go through X-ray and pressure chambers anyway. For hand carry bags, there’s indeed a high chance to be checked - custom officers may open them up and inspect every single items. My experience is that it is particularly so for solo travellers.
You're right concerning "normal" check in; since the new security system was installed (the so-called HBS) there is no more opening up luggage (unless in very rare cases).

As for connecting in TLV everything is possible...
Old Mar 25, 2018, 1:04 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by Jackolee

Not a must to open up the luggage to be checked in at TLV. There’s only a counter asking the passengers questions before the check-in counters. Your check-in luggage will go through X-ray and pressure chambers anyway.

For hand carry bags, there’s indeed a high chance to be checked - custom officers may open them up and inspect every single items. My experience is that it is particularly so for solo travellers.
You're right concerning "normal" check in; since the new security system was installed (the so-called HBS) there is no more opening up luggage (unless in very rare cases).

As for connecting in TLV everything is possible...
I haven't been to TLV for almost four years. I don't know they implemented something now. My checked luggage was never opened because I had security papers, but almost everybody had their checked luggage open back then (last time was October 2014).

Even with the new system, I would suggest being very careful what you have in the checked luggage and allow plenty of time for interlining.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by cxfan1960
Even with the new system, I would suggest being very careful what you have in the checked luggage and allow plenty of time for interlining.
... which makes the OP's desired connection infeasible and the second RJ daily flight is late at night. But maybe by now he made it with no problem at all
@darkdd1
Old Mar 26, 2018, 11:32 am

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Why don't you go with RJ directly... or if you really wanna use CX, go via BKK, or DXB?
Old Mar 26, 2018, 7:27 pm

Programs: CX Diamond / OWE
Originally Posted by darkdd1
Hi all,
I am looking at reward ticket from HKG to Jordan, while there is an existing RJ route HKG-AMM (via BKK), I wonder if the routing CX675 RJ343 is possible.

CX675 arriving TLV at 07:10
RJ343 departing TLV at 08:30

Anyone has the experience transiting in TLV?

Thanks,
DK
I would avoid transiting in TLV as much as I can. Security is insane there - probably the tightest security in the world - and if you have a passenger in front of you doing security clearance and happens to bring a pocket knife in his suitcase (true story), then you will most definitely miss your flight. Give at least 3 hours to transit if you must go to TLV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.