Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

CX temporary Lounge at ICN - Airlines Association Lounge

CX temporary Lounge at ICN - Airlines Association Lounge

Old Jan 31, 2019, 6:20 pm

Programs: ALL Gold, MPC Silver
Originally Posted by SullyofDoha

if you are OneWorld, I think there is a JAL Lounge!?
There are no OW lounges at ICN. Not to mention the fact that JAL doesn't fly to ICN.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 7:33 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by corbomite
There are no OW lounges at ICN. Not to mention the fact that JAL doesn't fly to ICN.
+1.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 5:42 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Originally Posted by SullyofDoha
Anyone travelling through ICN able to report on the progress of the new CX lounge?
@sxc I too suspect the same. I'm due to be departing ICN mid-March, so I'll post an update then. Hopefully someone else may provide an update before then.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 7:44 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
Could this be the answer to our question? https://www.ausbt.com.au/oneworld-to...irport-lounges ICN would seem quite an obvious place to start.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 4:33 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
As I suspected theres been no progress on CX constructing a new lounge.

https://www.ausbt.com.au/will-seoul-...airport-lounge
Sozee likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 9:35 pm

Programs: CX Gold, KE Morning Calm, Marriott Titanium
Just back from ICN, cannot see any lounge area on 4th floor are under renovation.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 9:46 pm

Programs: ALL Gold, MPC Silver
Originally Posted by Rain187
Just back from ICN, cannot see any lounge area on 4th floor are under renovation.
The former Asiana lounge space is indeed undergoing renovation/reconstruction but there was no notice of what the space was going to be used for. However I could see Asiana ad banners covering the space, which does not bode well.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 4:41 pm

Programs: Qantas (Lifetime Gold), PAL (Elite), British Airways (now sadly blue), Cathay MPO DM
Originally Posted by casbroker
The temporary lounge is quite horrendous and I can't figure out why someone prefers to be in a windowless room when ICN has so many seats at the gates and good food at the restaurant. The old CX lounge at ICN wasn't great but at least it had natural light.
Sitting in it right now. Which is why I'm on here. Can't believe it! Samr dark conference room...crappy food...no dedicated internet just the airport WiFi.... No toilets or showers I can see..no magazines... just wow.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 5:15 pm

Asiana Business West Lounge

So I was flying out from ICN today and was invited to Asiana Business West Lounge near gate 42 one floor up. I am not sure if it is newly renovated but it certainly looks like it was. The furnishing is actually quite nice. Variety of food is just average . I have tried to locate the airline association lounge near gate 46 but I think it was closed. The weird thing is I could not find any info or reviews online with this Asiana Business West Lounge. Anyone have any idea when they changed to this OZ lounge ?

Last edited by CXCPA; Jun 8, 2019 at 5:25 pm
Old Jun 8, 2019, 10:31 pm

Programs: Cathay, JGC
Originally Posted by CXCPA
So I was flying out from ICN today and was invited to Asiana Business West Lounge near gate 42 one floor up. I am not sure if it is newly renovated but it certainly looks like it was. The furnishing is actually quite nice. Variety of food is just average . I have tried to locate the airline association lounge near gate 46 but I think it was closed. The weird thing is I could not find any info or reviews online with this Asiana Business West Lounge. Anyone have any idea when they changed to this OZ lounge ?
They've stopped using the old Airline Association lounge from June 2nd and have started sending people to the new lounge from June 3rd. Read it on a Korean blog somewhere.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 12:39 am

Programs: BA SL, CX GR, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by kijhkijh
They've stopped using the old Airline Association lounge from June 2nd and have started sending people to the new lounge from June 3rd. Read it on a Korean blog somewhere.
This is awesome. The old lounge is just terrible. Hopefully the OZ lounge is up to standard.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 2:52 am

Definitely a good change but the food is average. I have never been to the old lounge so I cant compare. I cant seem to upload the pics but I think it looks like the other oz J lounge from googling so ya
Old Jun 9, 2019, 4:28 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
The West lounge has been renovated recently. It’s the same lounge that BA uses. I wonder if CX directs emeralds to the First lounge like BA does.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 10:21 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, CX MPC Gold, Avis preferred plus, MyWaitrose card
Originally Posted by sxc
The West lounge has been renovated recently. Its the same lounge that BA uses. I wonder if CX directs emeralds to the First lounge like BA does.
I can confirm that they do not (I flew ICN-HKG on Thursday last week and was sent to Asiana West business lounge)...
Old Aug 7, 2019, 3:37 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
I can additionally confirm that Emeralds get sent to the Asiana Business Class West lounge. However it is a substantial improvement on the old temporary lounge:
  • Right by security (above gate 42), and therefore close to the Cathay gate (46)
  • Newly refurbished - Power sockets, a variety of seating types, different areas, view of the airport and so on. Like a normal lounge and perfectly pleasant
  • Food and drink choices are reasonable, though a slightly odd set-up that the alcoholic drinks area is "far" away from the food (25 meters or so)
  • A choice of wines and beers on offer, as well as instant noodles. Food choice on my day was a pasta/cold food area, then hot food (spicy chicken, pork, pasta, soup, congee) - only problem would be if you're vegetarian as they seemed to be putting meat in/on most things
Not such a bad place to spend a couple of hours, in comparison to the old lounge that was a pit I wouldn't want to spend time in at all.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.